1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hope (or the half full glass)

Discussion in 'Forum Competitions and Themes' started by RogerMac, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Typical... It was stunningly gorgeous this morning when I went shopping, but I didn't have a camera with me, not even my phone as I had forgotten it. When I got home, had a quick lunch and went out again, it was grey. :( Still, there was promise of a bit more light before the evening, which did eventually materialise, albeit in a more muted form.

2. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

So I had a lot of trouble today with getting sharp, in-focus shots. The cold was affecting my hands I think. Anyway, I did get out of the house, and I did take some pictures, which gives me hope for the rest of the year, given how painful my fractures were at the end of last year. So here's my submission to this thread.

20170122-7DM2-6L3A2021_x800_hq.jpg

dream_police, Geren and Zou like this.
  3. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

fizzyeye.jpg

I know, this one's a bit mad. But I was messing around with Fizzy yesterday as part of my project looking at her visual issues (she has problems decoding visual info which makes reading very slow for her) and she said that if she hadn't had these problems we might not have signed her up for netball (doctor wanted her to try a sport that required rapid eye movement to develop her ability to scan things more quickly) and then she might not have realised how good at it she was. I was so pleased that she was able to find something positive in it all when I just worry that she'll fall behind. I think on balance her personality will win her through though! This is straight out of camera having shot a flash/slow shutter/zoom combo to see what might happen. Weird stuff happened!

4. Footloose

Footloose Well-Known Member

Aye, that's pretty good!

5. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

I am sorry that some people did not realise that the theme had started when it was not moved to this thread This was due to a misunderstanding for which I apologise. Anyway the recommended way .in future is for the originator to start it in the lounge and report it immediately - explaining that it should go into this forum and be made a sticky etc - when any mod on duty will pick it up and move it,

That said we have six days left to get any final entries in. As this includes a weekend I am hoping for a last minute rush

6. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

Oh, and please make sure the title starts with "xxx Monthly Theme: ", so that plonkers like me realise what it is. :oops:

7. Fishboy

Fishboy Well-Known Member

Would an 'XXX Monthly Theme' be a little inappropriate for viewing whilst at work?

Cheers, Jeff

Zou and RogerMac like this.
  8. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

One of the advantages of being retired... :cool:

9. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

Oh the indignity of it all - one moment we are their pride and joy, even served with scones as atreat but the next reduced to mere paperweights!

I do hope they treat the next batch better

IMG_0160  d.jpg

10. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

Technically a photo (maybe), it's a screenshot of a countdown to retirement app that I've had running on my phone for the past couple of years! You could say my glass is full, full of hope for the future and the next part of my life. Trepidation also. After taking into account leave and days in lieu I have 10 weeks left at work and I really should be looking for a job.

IMG_4187.jpg

Geren, Catriona and Done_rundleCams like this.
  11. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

His Mum. out of the picture, is hoping ;)

Cheers,

Jack

Dec31-16-AP-Sat2-JS011037 copy.jpg

dream_police and Geren like this.
  12. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Hoping for a belly rub?

[​IMG]

13. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

More likely hoping you'll fall for that trick and then attacking you!

Trannifan, Zou and Done_rundleCams like this.
  14. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Oh yes. :D

Geren and Done_rundleCams like this.
  15. EightBitTony

I hope you didn't spend much on that cat bed ...
    2017-01-11 20.46.16.jpg

16. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Yeah, tell me about it. :oops:

Done_rundleCams likes this.
  17. EightBitTony

Hehe :) In her defence, she loves the bed, and she was basically too warm, so rolled out onto the sofa.

Yeh, we know she's spoiled.

Done_rundleCams likes this.
  18. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

You can't spoil a cat. Absolutely nothing you can do for them is too much. At least, that's the way they see it. :)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
    Done_rundleCams, Trannifan and Zou like this.
  19. Trannifan

Trannifan Well-Known Member

cats001062.jpg

Since we're apparently on a cat trip at the moment....................

Lynn

20. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

I thought I'd nailed the catf!ap shut....

Done_rundleCams and Catriona like this.