1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hmmm, now that's optical quality ...

Discussion in 'Pentax Chat' started by Done_rundleCams, Jun 13, 2013.

1. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

the new Q mount lens

:rolleyes:

Jack

2. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

Another toy lens? Wish they would bring out some more sensible stuff.

3. Done_rundleCams

Indeed, Steve, a nice 20mm equivalent would be nice to go along with 06, GR IV and/or 02 lens :)

Cheers,

Jack

4. IvorETower

IvorETower Little Buttercup

Similar concept to the Olympus bodycap lens for MFT

5. Monobod

Monobod Phantom of the forum

They will be offering us all a pinhole lens next. has 'The Joker' got into the design department?

What size in mm is the new Q7 sensor? Does anyone know. Have they done this because of issues with the very small one perhaps? The Q7 looks tempting, very tempting, but I have to wait 3 months to see one......Oh dear!

6. steveandthedogs

9.5 × 7.6mm which I can understand.

1/1.7 which I find meaningless. Anyone know what it stands for?

7. steveandthedogs

"This affordably priced, interchangeable lens produces a unique visual effect when mounted on a PENTAX Q-mount body.

The PENTAX-07 Mount Shield Lens is the fourth model in the Unique-Lens series and features an angle of view equivalent to 53.0mm in the 35mm format when mounted on the PENTAX Q7 body (or 63.5mm on the PENTAX Q or Q10 camera body). This lens offers a distinctive image, with a unique blur effect along the edges of the image field."

From http://www.photographyblog.com

Unique blur effect? [​IMG] That's what I used to get from the old Kodak plastic thing when I was 10.

8. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

I've actually had something similar for my Canons for some time - a Loreo Lens in a Cap. In fact I've two - the fancier one having shift ability, too. Can be quite fun, might get one for my Q to get me something close to what I used to get on Disk, and then with a VGA phonecam. :)

9. Monobod

9.5 x 7.6. Its smaller than a first class postage stamp........Hmmm indeed.

If I wanted blur around the edges, I'd buy a jar of Vaseline.....

10. steveandthedogs

I could think of several replies to that, but this is a family site...

11. Monobod

vaseline was the old trick used by Wedding Photographers for a blurred vignette, often put into a glass filter. Thats all......surely you knew what I meant.:D

12. steveandthedogs

Well, yes, but I'm starting to hear this thread in Goon show voices...
    "ooohhh, a blurred vignette Henry" and Neddy Seagoon... [​IMG]

13. Monobod

Those were the days my friend...........Ha! Don't start me on the Goons, too, too sad that they have all passed over.

14. Atavar

Atavar Well-Known Member

A very interesting looker indeed, particularly like that it wears that the lenses will now come in Yellow too :)

Things are looking up for getting the electric bannana.

EDIT - From a hands-on review I'm reading on another site, there is a Kit Colour yellow and more importantly, the body is reported to be metal again :) the 7 is just getting better and better :)

Last edited: Jun 15, 2013
  15. Atavar

Atavar Well-Known Member

Update on previous edit: - various hands-on reviews are contradicting the point that it is made of metal. Will have to wait for Pentax to clarify this.

16. AlexMonro

AlexMonro Old Grand Part Deux

It's the outside diameter in inches of a thermionic TV camera tube that has a picture target of that size.

You did ask... :)

17. Monobod

And doesn't that little fact give the camera manufacturers the perfect opportunity to confuse the would be purchaser. I can see why they do not state the true size in mm, not that it particularly matters these days of extreme miniaturisation, but it still frightens some. I still find that I do raise an eyebrow when comparing it to a FF sensor.....:confused: But it is the performance that counts in the end.

18. Done_rundleCams

I got that effect once ... only it weren't a wedding, it was old cars in amongst some ash trees and I didn't use vaseline ... I would just breathe on the lens and
    let it dissipate :D

And, as for the sensor size, what a rip-off :eek: ... my 06 lens would lose its 243mm focal length ;)

Jack

Last edited: Jun 16, 2013