1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hints and tips re BP lowering!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Catriona, Aug 13, 2017.

1. PhotoEcosse

PhotoEcosse Well-Known Member

I am surprised a Jack Russell had that effect. Most terriers plus springer spaniels are inveterate BP raisers.

Now a nice calm labrador might do the trick.

Catriona likes this.
  2. Fishboy

Fishboy Well-Known Member

Perhaps we should conduct some lab tests? Followed by a cat scan?

Cheers, Jeff

3. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

After a Labrador, there are things growing on damp bread that seem more intelligent.

Cheers,

R.

Catriona likes this.
  4. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Got to agree with you Roger. Labs are the dumbest dogs I know.
    I've been through the dog phase of my life. Now I haven't got one - or a cat (I don't like them). I am enjoying my stress-free existence and it's strange, really, how and why my BP shoots up these days. I shall make an appointment to see the GP soon - I suppose I must comply and keep them happy and renewing my current prescription at least! My only problem now is that I am getting bored. Reckon I should find something to study again! Interrupt my comfortable routine. ;)

5. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Well, I've just been to the doctor for my follow up after the hospital visit.
    Won''t bore you with details, but I do seem to be disintegrating.

BP - Yeah! The lovely man took it with the one he has to pump up manually - and it was perfect.
    So glad to know that I just seem to react badly to the auto one!

6. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

Mrs S doesn't register on the auto inflate BP machines but I can assure them (and you) she is very much alive.
    Good job they weren't taking her BP this a.m. at the surgery - the doctor was 1/2 hour late....and they have a sign which says patients who are more than 5 minutes late lose their appointments and either sit and wait until the end of surgery or come back later on a new appointment.

7. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

...because having targets for nurses and doctors has proved to be a successful approach. :rolleyes:

8. Terrywoodenpic

Terrywoodenpic Well-Known Member

Unfortunate for patients when a Doctor is late. However that does not mean that they have not been working. Emergency house visits are often the cause. Some times they have been working for hours, or over night and things over ran. Doctors also can, like us, have serious domestic issues that cause problems to their schedules.

Catriona likes this.
  9. Dorset_Mike

Dorset_Mike Grumpy Old Fart

I actually had a clinic appointment at 1:20, luckily I was early, got seen at 1:10, is this a reecord???????

10. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

No when I was having my radiation therapy i found it as a good tactic to arrive early as a significant number of patients had so much difficult y in parking that there were gaps in the treatment schedule that I could fill

Terrywoodenpic likes this.
  11. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

I understand that, and of course I don't have a problem with it but missed appointments and lateness are "punished" by the surgery but what recourse does a patient have?
    For my own part I'm not bothered just as long as I get seen.

12. Terrywoodenpic

Terrywoodenpic Well-Known Member

Routine appointments are not contractural, and can be cancelled or delayed by force majuere.
    Missed appointments cost money to the Nhs. It is normal practice for surgeries to see the next patient on the list. If you turn up late you take your chances, that either a spot becomes available by cancellation, or you wait to the end of the list. It in no way a punishment.

Roger Hicks likes this.
  13. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member