1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi

Discussion in 'Introductions...' started by Ellar, Apr 3, 2011.

1. Ellar

Ellar Member

Hi
    Yet another newbie, any how, got to jump in somewhere, its cold out here on your own. I own a Canon 450D and a 500D ( the latter was an absolute bargain brand new sealed box 18-55 lens kit the retailer was insistent that the price he was asking was what he wanted, but my Mrs won't let it drop, "you've got TWO cameras"). Slowly building up my kit.
    May i ask , should I sell the 450D and put the money to more kit or sell both cameras and upgrade?

Many thanks, Leo

2. TH-Photos

TH-Photos Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum Leo.

Unless you need the greater megapixel count, improved movie capability or better liveview of the 550D, 600D, 5Dmk2, etc then don't 'upgrade'. Just my opinion.

3. lisadb

lisadb Well-Known Member

Hi Leo,

welcome to the forum. You can never have too many cameras - just as long as they do what you want them to.

4. Larry Shone

Larry Shone Well-Known Member

Hi Leo, welcome to the madhouse! Me I would sell the 450 and use the money for a lens or flashgun for the 500D

5. Atavar

Atavar Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum :) Enjoy!

What lenses do you own at the moment? A good use of two bodies is having a close lens on one and a long lens on the other to be ready for any scene that appears in front of you.

6. P_Stoddart

P_Stoddart Well-Known Member

Welcome and WHS.

7. Ellar

Ellar Member

Hi and many thanks, feeling much warmer now for all the welcomes.
    The cameras came as kit so I have as folows
    Canon 450D
    Canon500D
    2 *18-55mm Canon is
    Tamron70-300mm ld Di
    Canon 80-200mm ef
    several M42 lenses (donated by a good friend) and an adapter with which Ive had some ? success with and also extension tubes for a limited macro try out . I am tempted to sell the 450 but like you say, have two cameras with different lenses on cant go wrong

8. Atavar

Atavar Well-Known Member

The only down side of carrying a pair of cameras is the weight for want of changing a lens over. Digital bodies loose their value fast so its really a decision of if having the pair is more useful than having the money/extra kit selling the 450 would get you. Having a great flash is as good as having a great camera, but then i'm on the Nikon system and the CLS it uses really helps produce some magic shots.

I'd say try the double for a week, then see how useful its been. If you find you're only using the 500D then its really the obvious choice. I still regret getting rid of my first digital body (nikon D40) but then it would not have had a shot run through it since i got all the other cameras i've had since its retirement.

9. ascu75

ascu75 Well-Known Member

You can never have too many camera's or binoculars. Its a man thing with women its shoes and handbags

10. ascu75

ascu75 Well-Known Member

Forgot to say hi and welcome I only started posting last week having joined a long time ago

11. ogofmole

ogofmole Well-Known Member

You may get another reply to this quote. I will get the pop corn now and sit back.

12. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Well I think I have more pairs of shoes than the missus... But then I do have enough cameras to have to stop and count to tell people how many I have. They all do something different though, that's my excuse. ;)

13. ascu75

ascu75 Well-Known Member

what on earth makes you say that ................. pass the popcorn

14. Larry Shone

Larry Shone Well-Known Member

I have....4 cameras, 5 if I count my phone, each is very different, but surely a shoe is a shoe?

15. Ellar

Ellar Member

Hi All
    Again many thanks for the warm welcome. Ive only got one pair of shoes, (well apart from the hot shoes on the cameras ), I can only wear one pair at a time same as I can only sleep in one bed, lol, these things don't half go off at some tangents.
    Any way I think I will keep both cameras just for now, sods law something will go wrong if I sell one, and from past experience I think I will know if/when its time to sell, but now you,ve got me thinking about flash guns, oh dear!

Leo

16. Brian

Brian Venerable Elder

My late wife used to call me Imelda................amongst other things.

How can one possible get through life with one pair of shoes, and as for cameras, like money, if you can count them you haven't got enough.:)