1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi There! From a Mature (ie old!) Photographer!

Discussion in 'Introductions...' started by CollieSlave, Sep 22, 2017.

1. CollieSlave

CollieSlave Member

I've been taking photos, mainly landscapes but some industrial archaeology, for sixty years! I started reading AP in 1961. I live in Mid Wales and spend a lot of time hill walking with my Border Collie and wife, taking photos. I do not use any digital cameras; I take slides almost exclusively and project them with a Leica projector or a Rollei 66 Dual P. I own a Nikon FM, a Nikon F3, a Bronica SQAi (I take medium format slides) but mostly I use my Leica iiif or iiig with an assortment of lenses. Before I retired I was head of a primary school in Powys but, before becoming a teacher, I was an engineer and steam loco driver on the paid staff of a Welsh preserved railway. And that's me!

2. Craig20264

Craig20264 Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome. You live in a lovely part of the world for both walking and photography. Stick around, new input and stories are always welcome. :)

CollieSlave likes this.
  3. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

And hi from North Wales!

S

CollieSlave likes this.
  4. peterba

peterba Well-Known Member

Welcome! You're in good company... there are plenty of old (though not necessarily mature ;)) photographers on here...

5. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

Iechyd da!

R.

CollieSlave likes this.
  6. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome!

7. CollieSlave

CollieSlave Member

Diolch yn fawr Roger!