1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi There! From a Mature (ie old!) Photographer!

Discussion in 'Introductions...' started by CollieSlave, Sep 22, 2017.

1. CollieSlave

CollieSlave Active Member

I've been taking photos, mainly landscapes but some industrial archaeology, for sixty years! I started reading AP in 1961. I live in Mid Wales and spend a lot of time hill walking with my Border Collie and wife, taking photos. I do not use any digital cameras; I take slides almost exclusively and project them with a Leica projector or a Rollei 66 Dual P. I own a Nikon FM, a Nikon F3, a Bronica SQAi (I take medium format slides) but mostly I use my Leica iiif or iiig with an assortment of lenses. Before I retired I was head of a primary school in Powys but, before becoming a teacher, I was an engineer and steam loco driver on the paid staff of a Welsh preserved railway. And that's me!

2. Craig20264

Craig20264 Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome. You live in a lovely part of the world for both walking and photography. Stick around, new input and stories are always welcome. :)

CollieSlave likes this.
  3. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

And hi from North Wales!

S

CollieSlave likes this.
  4. peterba

peterba Well-Known Member

Welcome! You're in good company... there are plenty of old (though not necessarily mature ;)) photographers on here...

5. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

Iechyd da!

R.

CollieSlave likes this.
  6. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome!

7. CollieSlave

CollieSlave Active Member

Diolch yn fawr Roger!