1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi from Scotland

Discussion in 'Introductions...' started by PinkyBoo, Jun 15, 2015.

1. PinkyBoo

PinkyBoo Active Member

Hello :) I just joined here after trying to get to grips with my Pentax K7. I am an intermittent photographer really, usually taking snapshots with my little snapshot camera, or (god forbid) my phone camera. However, I want to take it to another level so I joined here.

I live in Scotland, with my hubby, 2 children and dog (aka: our "youngest" (!))

Nice to be here.

2. beatnik69

beatnik69 Well-Known Member

Welcome Pinkyboo!

3. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Hi! And welcome. I'm also in Scotland - west coast. Enjoy the forum.

4. PinkyBoo

PinkyBoo Active Member

Ooooh hello! Me too actually!

5. Hello.
    I'm not from Scotland tho.

6. PinkyBoo

PinkyBoo Active Member

Hello DoingTheDishes (great user name) your welcome is appreciated, no matter where you are. Your dog is lovely, Btw.

7. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Hello to you!
    I'm across on the Isle of Lewis, so you could say West coast Scotland too. :)
    Hope you are getting some good shots in - even in our weather at the moment. I always console myself that it is moody!!

Have fun,

Kate

8. beatnik69

beatnik69 Well-Known Member

On a clear day, if I wave all you west coasters might see me. :D

[​IMG]Kintyre.jpg by beatnik69, on Flickr

9. Catriona

10. PinkyBoo

PinkyBoo Active Member

Hi Catriona, nice to meet you! Never visited Lewis, but its on my list :) Been to Mull, Iona, Arran and Cumbrae though. And yes, I agree about the weather - the greyness does add a certain "mystery" to the photographs, heh! :)

11. PinkyBoo

PinkyBoo Active Member

12. PinkyBoo

PinkyBoo Active Member

13. Bawbee

Bawbee Well-Known Member

Hello PinkyBoo and a warm welcome from me too in Ibiza :cool:

(But back in Dundee on Thursday :()

14. Catriona

Don't forget you can always upload to the Gallery here. There's a size limit, but once you've uploaded, you can cross link to a thread (no larger than 800pix wide).

15. PinkyBoo

PinkyBoo Active Member

Catriona, thanks so much! I made a gallery (I think) and uploaded a 3 photos. It doesn't seem to have gone into my own gallery, but a general one. Hmm, seems I can't do a link now. Gah! I need to go figure this out some more, ha!

16. Catriona

Don't panic!
    There's an option drop down box at the top of the upload menu. Not to worry, can you find the photos? When you do, just click on them/ scroll down to where you see various links and boxes then click on Direct Link, copy and when you get to the thread, click on the square picture box (under the smilies) and insert that link. Now it will appear in the thread. Sounds complicated, but you'll soon get the hang of it.

17. PinkyBoo

PinkyBoo Active Member

Hello Bawbee :) It'll be a shock coming home I think :)

Catriona - thank you, I'm going to try this again. *sighs patiently*

18. PinkyBoo

PinkyBoo Active Member

19. Catriona

20. AlexMonro

AlexMonro Old Grand Part Deux

Hello, PinkyBoo, and welcome to the AP forums from me too.

I've visited the West Coast many times, I've a friend who lives in Lochcarron. Lovely part of the world.

[​IMG]