1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with Viewing Word

Discussion in 'Help Team' started by MickLL, Feb 12, 2017.

1. MickLL

MickLL Well-Known Member

I run an online 'club' using DropBox that involves each one of us opening some documents in Microsoft Word. Just one member has a problem and when she opens such documents gets an image such as the one below. It's so bad in parts of the document that she can't read it.

Any ideas please?

[​IMG]

The words are supposed to say Name - Slide Title and Total Marks.

MickLL

PS The image is a screen grab from HER screen.

2. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

I'd guess that your lady is opening the document with the wrong format selected. What versions of Word are you and the lady using and what format are you saving the file with?

3. MickLL

MickLL Well-Known Member

I'm using Word 2007 and saving using .docx format. and using the option "save as word document".

I thought that Word would automatically find and use the right format to open a document. Especially one that was created in Word in the first place. Not that I'm any sort of expert!

Not sure what she uses but I'll ask.

MickLL

4. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

You need to know what version she is using. You could try saving in an older .doc format - probably listed as word 2003 - or as .rtf

5. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

6. MickLL

MickLL Well-Known Member

Thanks for your help. I'm waiting for her reply about which version she uses.

Anything I do mustn't screw up the other members of course!

MickLL