1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help with pic quality on resize

Discussion in 'Computer Related Help & Discussion' started by Summerleft, May 3, 2007.

1. Summerleft

Summerleft Well-Known Member

the dotty effect has just started happening, ive only ever had this trouble a few times and saving to jpg worked but not on these horse pics, i cant get the smaller size without it happening, what am i doing wrong?

[​IMG]

2. Alex1994

Alex1994 Well-Known Member

I'm not really best placed to answer this, but are you reducing the image size? Does it happen with tiff files, or just jpegs? Are you using Photoshop? :rolleyes:

3. Summerleft

Summerleft Well-Known Member

Using image ready, and its with jpg and gif's.
    It seems to be when reducing it below 1500 pixels on the longest side, i've not had problems before when reducing images to 600p so im thinking it must be something silly i'm missing

Is there a setting on the camera to reduce size? I know there was on my canon 350D but my olympus e500 is very new to me and Im finding it a harder camera to use.

4. Alex1994

Alex1994 Well-Known Member

I've not used ImageReady, so don't know if that's why it's happening. I've not had any problems with Photoshop, resizing images.

There should be a option in the E500 menu to change image quality/size (it may be under 'record mode' or similar). If it's like the E400 you can record jpegs at SHQ, HQ or SQ. You may also be able to specify the pixel size.

Hope this is of some help - hopefully somebody with some experience of ImageReady, or the problem you've described, will give you a better answer! :rolleyes: