1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with battery Canon LP-E10 and charger LC-E10E for Canon EOS 1200D/EOS Rebel T5

Discussion in 'Help Team' started by Giordanno, Jan 21, 2017.

1. Giordanno

Giordanno New Member

Hello everyone, I bought a Canon EOS 1200D/EOS Rebel T5 and it arrived yesterday, I've set the battery to charge with the charger whose came with the camera. According to Canon the needed time to charge the battery completely is of 3 hours or so, but I've left it charging for 3 hours and it did not show up the green light telling it's fully charged. So I left it charging the entire night just to make sure it wasn't a time problem and the charger still showing a orange light on it and saying it is charging yet. What could it be? Anyone here already passed for this? Please, I need help, I really want to try my camera and start photographing but without the battery charged I can do nothing, please help me.

The orange light on the charger blinks, not too fast not too slow.

2. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

try the battery in the camera, it will show the charge level. If it has some charge use it a bit then put it back in the charger making sure it is properly in place. Batteries may need a couple of cycles to charge properly. If it still doesn't charge then it is back to the shop I'm afraid.

3. Giordanno

Giordanno New Member

Hi friend, I already tried using the camera with the battery in it, the camera does not even turn on. I may try putting it to charge again this night.

4. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Double check it is in properly and the contacts line up. One of my Canon chargers is a bit awkward.

5. Giordanno

Giordanno New Member

Ok, just in case if you want to see the battery and the contacts there goes a photo of it. The orange light should be stopped or it's ok to blink? IMG_3664.JPG

6. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

If it doesn't look like it's charging, and the camera doesn't even turn on with it in - it sounds like a dead battery. I'm pretty sure they ship with at least a minimal charge.

I'm pretty sure the orange light should be on steady on that charger, not blinking. The manual should tell you if blinking means there's a problem.

7. Giordanno

Giordanno New Member

Ok, I just checked the PDF manual and it only tell the light will be turned on, no further details about blinking. Thanks, I will contact the store to see what they can do about it. Thanks :)

8. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

Depending what city you're located in, Giordanno, you could go to a shop that sells the camera ask if you check
    one of their T5/1220D camera battery's to make sure it's working in your camera :) Or, offer them a couple of
    pounds to try charge your battery in one of their chargers just to make sure that, at least, your battery is functioning :)

As well, for the last few years, Canon have not been charging their batteries when shipping.

Also, if you purchased your camera in anywhere but, Canada or America, it would classified as
    the 1200D, as only Canada and America (aka Trumpdom) is the camera classified as the T5 ;)

Cheers …… from Canada

Jack

9. Idan Kaizer

Idan Kaizer New Member

As silly as this May sound, I had the exact same problem, the silly part is all I did was shaking the battery for about 15-30 seconds and then let it rest for a minute, it came back to life

Done_rundleCams likes this.