1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help the Aged

Discussion in 'AP Magazine Feedback & Suggestions' started by PeteRob, Mar 27, 2015.

1. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

There is a post in help that would make a good article. Cameras for the aged. Big buttons, easy view, light and tough and Direct Print. I (will, if I don't peg it first) want one someday ... the market must be huge!

2. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Well, I still don't want one - and I'm not sure I like the inference that I need one! I think it's the beginners who do! :rolleyes:

3. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

My mother is 77, and if I suggested such a thing to me she would try to shove it where the sun don't shine... ;)

4. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

:) the post stuck a chord with me. I saw my father deteriorate way past being able to manage a camera but valueing hugely the snaps he took. Records get more and more important as you get older and I never considered cameras to be in the bracket of tools to assist basic things we take for granted like opening bottles, food packaging etc. but why not?

5. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

That would be the easy-peasy compact, I take it!!

It isn't a matter of age. I know plenty youngsters who can't cope with anything more complex than their mobiles - and yes, probably the dangling, rotating ones at that!

6. art

art Well-Known Member

The biggest problem I find is now having to wear glasses for close reading. This means I need them for viewing my DSLR screen and controls but not for using the viewfinder.

While I much prefer to use the viewfinder, I'm increasingly finding myself using the 'liveview' feature to frame shots on the LCD screen and being totally reliant on the camera for focusing, which I find a bit strange after decades of using manual focus film cameras.

But at least I can still use my camera so perhaps I shouldn't complain too much. As the 94-year old father of a good friend once told me 'growing old is not for the feint-hearted'.