1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello

Discussion in 'Introductions...' started by nicola11, May 25, 2011.

1. nicola11

nicola11 New Member

Hi I am fairly new to the photography world.

I have been taking photography seriously over the past 18 months, I love a mixture of things including boudoir, studio, events & weddings....everything really!

Im based in Scotland but love nothing more than jumping on a cheap flight somewhere an snapping the scenery.

2. NosamLuap

NosamLuap Rebmem Roines

Welcome! (though surely you have all the scenery you could want in Scotland?! ;))

3. Bawbee

Bawbee Well-Known Member

Hiya Nicola, Welcome to the AP Forums :cool:

The more Scots on here the better (before we split from them) :)

4. dachs

dachs Well-Known Member

welcome indeed Nicola, and you've done a wise thing as we can all learn lots from the AP posts and indeed the super photographs that get posted. But don't spend too long on the pooter - get out shoot shots and practise!

Hope you enjoy your hobby to the full, cheers to you!

5. Chris Cool

Chris Cool Retired

Hi Nicola and welcome aboard :)

We're a friendly bunch, so do jump in if you have a question or wish to give advice.

The bar is open all day in the Lounge area if you have something off topic :)

Enjoy!

6. MrBlueSky

MrBlueSky Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome aboard!

We're a friendly bunch so do jump in and ask questions.

Enjoy!

7. Atavar

Atavar Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum :)

8. DeeJay

DeeJay Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome to the forum, there is a wealth of knowledge available on here so ask any questions you want.

Look forward to reading some of your posts and viewing some of your pictures. :)

9. Brian

Brian Venerable Elder

Don't you mean before we kick you into touch?

10. Bawbee

Bawbee Well-Known Member

The way it stands at the moment is that only the Scottish electorate will have a say. Besides, you lot need us for our oil, gas, water, electricity and for the boys and girls in the UK Armed Forces.

The only way that you can 'kick us into touch' is in the sporting arena - there's more of you.

11. Atavar

Atavar Well-Known Member

Geographically speaking anything beyond 10 miles out to sea is in international waters.

12. Bawbee

Bawbee Well-Known Member

Pedant! :p :D

13. dachs

dachs Well-Known Member

not true since the oil and gas blocks were sectioned up in the North Sea in agreement with the Norwegians, Dutch Denmark and Germans, every inch is and has been since the seventies, licensed between the countries right out to a jagged (but accurately mapped) line down the middle. Except of course for the Spanish fishers who came and factory raped all the cod and herring whilst our own fleets of fishing boats were scrapped.... thank you so very much, the EU

14. P_Stoddart

P_Stoddart Well-Known Member

Welcome to the madhouse. :)

A argument has already broken out in this thread! :D

Where have you visited and what kit are you lucky enough to be using? If I may ask?

Hope you will have the courage to post some of your work in the Appraisal Gallery.

15. Atavar

Atavar Well-Known Member

But the question is is that maps contract under the name of "Scotland" or "Britain", "United Kingdom" etc.

Well pointed out, P_Stoddart, my sincerer apologies to you Nicola11 for helping to hijack your first thread. Have you shot many weddings? I persoanally do not have the guts to try them.

16. dachs

dachs Well-Known Member

yes indeed sorry Nicola11, we'll perhaps let you get a word in edgewise! Do tell us what you're up to (photographically!)

17. AlecM

AlecM MiniMe

Welcome aboard. Definitely something for everyone here! ;)

18. LargeFormat

LargeFormat Well-Known Member

Good Lord, she only said Hello and we're up to 18 posts.:D

19. dachs

dachs Well-Known Member

and we had an argument already

20. Bawbee

Bawbee Well-Known Member

Dear Dachs,

You're new here, that's not an argument - the thread's not 'closed' yet :p :D