1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello

Discussion in 'Introductions...' started by V I.Photographer, Mar 8, 2019.

1. Hi everyone

I am a visually impaired, but I really enjoy taking photographs, I sometimes use sound and the environment around me when taking my photographs.

David

2. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

Hallo David.

Using sound? Interesting. Tell us more!

S

3. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome David.

4. Bill Stewardson

Bill Stewardson Well-Known Member

Hello to you David,,,, hope you find this place useful.

5. Thank you

6. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

Plus one from me

7. It not easy to describe , I just do it. When using sounds, I listen to how the wind is blowing across long grass for example, building a picture of how it makes the grass move in the wind. I also use other things like feel, smell.

Very moody sky
    How I took this photo. I could feel the moisture level rising, and the wind coming in from my right-hand side. The wind had also started to puck up and this is when I decided to take the photo.
    IMG_20190205_205806_787.jpg

8. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Hi David - I like your photograph and the description of how you took it. Welcome to the forum.

9. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

Personal question. As you say you are visually impaired and use sound etc, are you able to view the photo you have taken easily enough and does it look like you imagine it looking?

Oh and hi by the way

10. Thank you

11. I upload them onto my computer to view them on a 32 inch screen, sometimes they look better than I imagined.

12. Chester AP

Chester AP Well-Known Member

Are you able to use a PC to edit your pictures? The screen will be smaller, but you will be closer to it...

Digital images can look wonderful on a large plasma or LCD TV screen. Having done this myself with a 43 inch set, my experience is that the images look best if cropped to the ratio of the screen (probably 16 by 9, or 1.77 to 1) and then resized to the definition of the screen (1920 x 1080, for example). These versions of your images will be smaller files than the originals and probably 'load' more quickly when displayed. If you do this, make sure you work with a copy of the original and don't change and save the original by mistake.

V I.Photographer likes this.
  13. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

I think that your moody photograph might well have stood up in the Appraisal gallery without a backstory. There is a circular artefact from the lens in the deep shadow but that could be easily fixed.
    I like it.

V I.Photographer likes this.
  14. Thank you.

15. I can and do use a computer, but I think my monitor needs calibrating. I do struggle with the editing side of it.