1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello!

Discussion in 'Introductions...' started by tankflyboss, Oct 24, 2017.

1. tankflyboss

tankflyboss Member

Hello all,
    I'm Andy, I've read AP on and off for several years.

My photography, well I'm a bit odd, if you'd have asked me a year-or-two ago I'd have told you about all of the studio and portraiture I loved to take with my pair of 5Ds, the 'L' glass, my Mamiya RZ-67 system as well as my darkroom as well as my lighting setup.

But then I fell on somewhat hard times and a pricy divorce put paid to all of my equipment, as well as the home it was kept in.

So I'm starting again with a Chinon CS and a bottle of Rodinal, my trusty old Auto-Chinon 55mm f1.7 and a few cheap lamps from eBay. I do also have a Canon 400D and a kit-lens too! Whooh!

I'm working on a YouTube series about starting again, as well as absolute ringing the bejebus out of very modest kit.

But I'm not here to plug that, yet (!)

Anyway, I've already jumped in on a few threads that have caught my eye, but just to say hello!

Cheers,
    tfb.

2. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

Dear Andy,

Ouch! Fortunately my ex-wife was not at all greedy. As she said, "I brought nothing [in the way of material goods] to the marriage. Why should I take anything from it?" So we each took our shares of a few things like books and records, and she moved out.

But welcome anyway! Do I recall correctly that the Chinon CS is Pentax screw mount?

Cheers,

R.

3. tankflyboss

tankflyboss Member

Hi Roger,

She didn't "take it" as such, but she didn't leave me in a financially sound enough position to be able to keep it, find a new home etc. It's all water under the bridge now, the only way is up eh!

Just don't try and sell all of that stuff in one-go Christmas week, I had to let a pristine 85mm f1.2 L go for £400 as I was in such a desperate position, similar with the rest of the kit, I think I made £2,000 on everything, including 2x 5D mk2 bodies, a 70-200mm f2.8L, the Mamiya system etc... I also had to sell my car for £600 that week to get it gone, and found it around the corner on a forecourt for £2,999 in January.

Oh well, these things happen, it's "only money" as people tell me :p

Yes, that's right, Pentax/M42 mount :)