1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello - just joined

Discussion in 'Introductions...' started by creativ, Apr 22, 2011.

1. creativ

creativ Member

Just popped in here to say hello. I have just bought a Nikon D3100 camera - my first DSLR. Have been keen on photography for many years, progressing from my first 110 camera through to a Pracktica MTL50 through to Nikon F50.

Know the basics and have explored the creative side in part on a HND Graphic Design course but realise I have a lot to learn. Not least the digital side of digital photography.

Simon

2. OneTen

OneTen 'Two Breakfasts'

Welcome aboard Simon. You'll find they're a friendly and helpful bunch so don't be afraid to ask. The Appraisal Gallery is great for some constructive criticism.

3. creativ

creativ Member

Thanks, Richard for your warm welcome. I'm sure I'll find the forum very useful. Will no doubt post my pics in due course for a critique.

Looking forward to getting stuck in.

Simon

4. Fen

Fen Well-Known Member

Morning Simon,

Welcome to the forums, the bar opens in 25mins :cool:

5. creativ

creativ Member

Hello, Fen. Thanks for your welcome.

Like your attitude - if it moves you photograph it. Are you really 99 years old?

Simon

6. Fen

Fen Well-Known Member

Older :D :D

7. Mark

Mark Well-Known Member

But don't be put off, he doesn't either look (or act) his age, as this recent portrait shows. Not sure about his taste in clothing though!:p

[​IMG]

BTW, welcome to the madhouse...:eek:

8. Atavar

Atavar Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard, enjoy :)

9. OneTen

OneTen 'Two Breakfasts'

Mark. What have you been told about dressing Fen up?

10. TheFatControlleR

TheFatControlleR :Devil's Advocaat: Forum Admin

Who's been dressing up Fen? :confused:

11. mark_jacobs

mark_jacobs Retired

Fen wasn't wearing that when spotted at the front of a very long 'basket-case only' queue in a well known supermarket this morning! In case you're wondering, six packets of Bonio, 3 large tins of Pal and 20ltrs of Doom Bar so far as I could make out from 300yds behind.

As others have said… welcome Simon:)

12. TheFatControlleR

TheFatControlleR :Devil's Advocaat: Forum Admin

I wouldn't want to be 300 yards behind Fen after 20ltrs of Doom Bar, moreso after a gut full of Pal & Bonio!! :rolleyes:

13. Fen

Fen Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

14. creativ

creativ Member

Certainly looking very much like a mad house judging by this post. Thanks for your welcome and everyone elses. :cool: