1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello from West Yorkshire

Discussion in 'Introductions...' started by James Hall, Oct 4, 2017.

1. James Hall

James Hall New Member

Hello! Thought I'd Introduce myself. I'm James and I'm an aspiring Nature / Landscape photographer based near Leeds. I do dabble into other photography as well but not really had that much of an opportunity to yet as I'm just finding a liking for it.

I've been interested in photography for years, I think I got interested around 2010 but never had a decent camera to do photography with, nor the time. I've been doing shots on and off since 2016 but really started to get my passion for it at the start of this year, and going out and about more to do photography. I was actually self conscious about getting the camera out and taking pictures especially when there were no other people around doing the same thing.

I currently use a Digital Bridge Camera as it was the best i could afford at the time, I use a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ72 and it handles quite well but I am hoping to upgrade to a proper DSLR in the near future!

That's about it, hopefully i'll be a bit more active on here soon!

2. Craig20264

Craig20264 Well-Known Member

Hello James, welcome. You live in a great part of the world for landscaping, with the moors one way and the dales the other. Look forward to seeing some images. :)

3. Brian

Brian Venerable Elder

Best thing about Leeds? It's on the intersection of the M42/M1, making escape relatively easy.

Craig20264 likes this.
  4. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

Leeds has moved then?:)

Brian and Craig20264 like this.
  5. James Hall

James Hall New Member

yeah there's of nice places to go around here! Helps that Im originally from manchester so take regular trips across the hills!

6. Brian

Brian Venerable Elder

:)

It should.

dream_police likes this.