1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello from the U.S.A.

Discussion in 'Introductions...' started by bsdunek, Dec 15, 2016.

1. bsdunek

bsdunek New Member

Hello,
    I just recently ran across this forum and thought I'd join. I live in Howell, Michigan, USA.
    I started with photography when my Grandfather gave me a Brownie Hawkeye 620 on my 8th birthday. My Dad always had a darkroom, so I learned to develop and print.
    In the late 60's through the early 90's, I made extra money doing weddings and other photo jobs on the side. Now, in retirement, I do fine art photography which I sell at art shows.
    I still use film and work in my darkroom - just like to do it that way. I do use digital for my Wife's web site and our art association publicity, so I'm comfortable with both - just prefer film
    You can see some of my work on my web page: http://brucecsdunekphotography.zenfolio.com/

Hope to have some good discussions here.
    Bruce

Done_rundleCams likes this.
  2. AlexMonro

AlexMonro Old Grand Part Deux

Hello Bruce, and welcome to the AP forums!

Some nice shots on your webpage.

I agree with you about film & digital - digital is convenient, and capable of good technical quality, but film is somehow nicer to use... :)

Done_rundleCams likes this.
  3. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

Hi Bruce,

and, welcome to the AP Forums from just a three (I think) times zones to the west
    and just able the 49th parallel :) As well, I love and try to live by Mr. Erwit's quote :D

Cheers,

Jack

4. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Hi Bruce, and welcome to the forum!

I shoot both flm and digital, and have just been dabbling with some alternative print processes. I like digital for the speed and convenience that if offers, but there is certanly something very special about shooting film and crafting a print.