1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello from Aberdeen (Welshman Really)

Discussion in 'Introductions...' started by EOS_SNAPPER, Sep 7, 2013.

1. EOS_SNAPPER

EOS_SNAPPER Well-Known Member

Evening all, I'm a keen photographer that has experience of 35mm + 120 roll to Digital during the 35 years a Snapper.
    I try all forms of photography; Landscape, Macro, Sport but never tried studio.
    Hope to pick brains and am happy to help those if I can.
    Outside of photography I enjoy motorcycling, Rugby Union, Books, Malt Whiskey.

2. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Hello and welcome!

3. Snorri

Snorri Well-Known Member

And if your name is a clue, good taste in cameras as well :rolleyes:
    Welcome to the forums.

4. EOS_SNAPPER

Yep, currently 7D + 40D with a 5D MIII soon ;)

5. Bawbee

Bawbee Well-Known Member

Fit like min Di Bach? :cool:

BTW - there's no such thing as malt whiskey, only whisky ;)

6. EOS_SNAPPER

7. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

No, his point is that there's no single malt whiskey, not that there's no single malt whisky - which isn't really true, as Bushmills and Cooley both make a single malt whiskey.

8. Skyehammer

Skyehammer Well-Known Member

Re: Hello from Aberdeen (Welshman Really)http://www.amateurphoto

Hi mate , I'm another Welshman living in Scotland , a bottle of Talisker if you can guess where !!

Only joking .[​IMG]

9. EOS_SNAPPER

Re: Hello from Aberdeen (Welshman Really)http://www.amateurphoto

As your username and the fact that Talisker is the only distillery on the Isle of Skye I guess that’s it J
    Shall I PM my address then?

What part of the home country are you from then?

What brought you up here?

Last edited: Sep 9, 2013
  10. Skyehammer

Hi , yes pm me your address if you want , I was actually in Fraserburgh about 3 weeks ago , but I've only been to Aberdeen 3 times , twice to buy a motor vehicle and once to see Scotland v Switzerland in a WC qualifier .

Yes , I live on Skye , will have been here 26 years in October , I'm from Anglesey in the North originally [ Welsh speaker ], there's only me from the North , but I have 3 Welsh friends who live here on Skye who are from the South , Pembroke Dock , Swansea and Newport ,really lovely people all of them .

It's a great place to bring a camera .

What do you do in Aberdeen , oil ?

11. EOS_SNAPPER

I'm a trucker for my sins. Was on Skye two years ago for a long w/e.
    I'm from a Little village called Llandinam in Powys and the wife is a Neath lass.
    Moved up here nine years ago.

12. Skyehammer

I used to work on the Kyle / Kyleakin Ferry until the Bridge came , so I might have met you !

I'm no longer working due to a spinal problem and I contracted sepsis in Dec 2012 , nearly died , and was in hospital in Paisley + Inverness for 3 months .
    OK now , just getting the Photography Enthusiasm back and joined a camera club .

My mate Steve [ the Welsh guy on Skye ] drove lorries in the Middle East and other places , you might know him ?

Off to bed now , I have to be up early in the morning , take care , mate , my name's Peter by the way .

13. Skyehammer

Private Message received and sent to you , mate .

14. mediaman

mediaman Well-Known Member

Welcome to the AP Forums.

15. EOS_SNAPPER

Thanks Kenny

16. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

G'day.

What's it done to your accent?

My mother died decades ago and a few years later my father remarried: he's the only person I know who's had two silver wedding anniversaries.

My stepmother (for want of a better word) is half Aberdonian, half Glaswegian, and worked for many years in Wales. When I first met her, around 34 years ago, you could hear all three in her accent. It was interesting.

Now they live in Kilmacolm on Clydeside and the Aberdonian and Welsh have receded a lot. Which is as well, because Aberdonian is one of the most opaque accents in the world.

Cheers,

R.

17. P_Stoddart

P_Stoddart Well-Known Member

Hello from Essex :)

Any chance of seeing some of your output of the 35 years in Appraisal or Exhibition?

18. EOS_SNAPPER

Ha, my mates down Wales find it funny cos I speak half Doric with Welsh accent (very confusing when I say Fit Like to them when I answer the phone :).

19. EOS_SNAPPER

Yeah, will round to doing it soon.

20. EOS_SNAPPER