1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello from a newbie in East London :)

Discussion in 'Introductions...' started by Chirag1988, Dec 19, 2016.

1. Chirag1988

Chirag1988 Member

Hi guys, just signed up here!

Bought my first "proper" camera in September after I got married and saw what the photographer was able to do with them. Initial purpose to invest in a camera which allowed manual mode was that I was due to go to Iceland with my wife and didn't want to miss an opportunity to capture the Northern Lights. So I asked a few people about recommendations on a camera as I wanted something that was fairly compact and not too big, and my budget was around £300. I decided on a Canon EOS M10 with a 15-45mm kit lens in the end, which I absolutely love at the moment! It's the perfect size, and I've bought the lens adapter so I can borrow the different lenses from family and friends without having to buy more lenses myself until I get more experienced.

I actually did manage to see the Northern Lights whilst out in Iceland and got some great shots for a first timer! (I hope you guys agree!)

I'll find my way around this forum and post up some of my pictures once I've gotten more used to.

Happy for tips, tricks, criticims and recommendations from the community!

Thanks for reading,
    Chirag

boredlondongurl likes this.
  2. AlexMonro

AlexMonro Old Grand Part Deux

Hello, Chirag, and welcome to the AP forums!

I look forward to seeing some of your pictures.