1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hasselblad CEO on the X1D, the lens ‘roadmap’ and potential impact of a Brexit vote

Discussion in 'News - Discussion' started by CSBC, Jun 24, 2016.

1. CSBC

CSBC RIP (News Editor)

2. AndyTake2

AndyTake2 Well-Known Member

It's nice to see Hasselblad getting back to making great cameras, instead of the smoke and mirrors (no pun intended) of 'luxury' goods.
    At this price, I think it will do well, and good luck to them

3. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

I didn't get too much from the interview, I need to see some marketing info because it assumes knowledge abkut the camera. I would guess this is aimed at the tethered shooting market where the viewfinder is less relevant.

4. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

According to the CEO "The X1D is a portable camera – that was the thought process." which rather suggests the opposite of the tethered market. He also mentions high ISO which tethered studio shooters are less likely to care about all of which infers to me that the camera is intended to be taken out and about and the indoor stuff can be left to the rather more cumbersome H series. Not that it makes much difference to me, I can't afford either anyway...