1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has subscription department gone to sleep?

Discussion in 'AP Magazine Feedback & Suggestions' started by PhotoEcosse, Nov 7, 2016.

1. PhotoEcosse

PhotoEcosse Well-Known Member

Months ago I renewed my AP subscription and completed the online DD form. The first quarterly payment was extracted from my bank account weeks ago but I still have not received any copies of the magazine.

An e-mail to help@magazinesdirect.com has been ignored.

Any ideas about how I can chase this up by alternative means?

2. IvorETower

IvorETower Little Buttercup

Sadly many organisations are now ignoring e-mails. With my father in very bad health at the moment I have had to contact numerous organisations, from The MCC to banks/financial institutions and the percentage of those who fail to respond is alarming

3. Bazarchie

Bazarchie Well-Known Member

Try the telephone?

4. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

yes. I'm deaf and the phone is a problem but most organisations seem to work on phone only and to prefer to call you back. Impossible to deal with if you need a silent environment.

5. Bazarchie

Bazarchie Well-Known Member

Apologies. Not sure if the OP has the same issue.

I renewed my digital subscription using Apple Store and downloaded the latest edition within seconds.

6. IvorETower

IvorETower Little Buttercup

My father is deaf so if I call, they all insist on speaking to him and are aghast when told that he won't be able to hear them - hence the barrage of e-mails that I have to send out.
    Hopefully in a few more weeks we will have the "official" Power of Attorney documentation, whatever that looks like, so I will be able to force the uncooperative institutions to speak to me

7. PhotoEcosse

Have you any idea how much telephone calls cost? Especially when you have to spend time waiting to be connected to the right machine and then answering several inane questions by pushing buttons and then listening to some inappropriately cheery muzac.

To me, it is just symptomatic of a general failure to bother tuppence about customer service. Not much point taking advantage of a cut price subscription offer if the saving is then consumed by telephone charges trying to actually obtain what one has paid for.

8. PhotoEcosse

Have now received a reply saying that they will start sending the magazines with the issue dated 3rd December.

Almost three months after the morons took the money out of my bank account.

For examples of the 14 expletives I deleted from this post, please watch the Trainspotting sequel, due out in January.