1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has anyone using LR for publishing updated their Flickr login?

Discussion in 'Computer Related Help & Discussion' started by PeteRob, Apr 24, 2019.

1. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

I suppose I'll find out one way or another but I've been getting this prompt to go to the new Flickr login for the last two weeks. I've been away from my main computer that I use for password control so I haven't yet changed away from the yahoo login.

I can't find any reports of whether the new login messes up the publishing service from LR. The Flickr user forum thread on the new login is endless. Has anyone been through this?

Hopefully LR will just throw up a dialogue asking for new credentials to access Flickr and proceed as if nothing has taken place at all.

I propose also to keep my yahoo email address as the login for Flickr as I use it for other sites.

2. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

I changed from Yahoo to my regular e-mail address on Flickr, and Lightroom kept going without incident. The LR authorisation doesn't rely on your password, it's a key based system created when you first create the connection.

3. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Thank you! That's a relief. I'll change my login.