1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hand Inspection at Airports?

Discussion in 'Help Team' started by NDoyle, Aug 22, 2002.

1. NDoyle

NDoyle Member

I've considered that, too! Not yet, though. The new camera is still too. . . new. When digital gets just a bit better, it's something I'd seriously consider.

2. Lounge_Lizard

Lounge_Lizard Well-Known Member

When digital gets just a bit better?

Now that's a contentious remark to make in these forums /img/wwwthreads/wink.gif.

David

3. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

Re: N. Doyle : re: B&W d&P

Hi Noreen,

Got it.

/img/wwwthreads/smile.gif

Jack

It's amazing what one can do when one doesn't know what one is doing!/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif

4. NDoyle

NDoyle Member

Anything can stand improvement! (Including, perhaps, my sense of discretion!) :)

5. BigWill

BigWill Gorgeous oversensitive Nikon-loving cream puff

Don't you let that big bully Stoatey intimidate you Noreen, you just say what you want (he's all mouth and trousers you know!/img/wwwthreads/smile.gif). Everyone knows digital is a pile of pooh anyway! /img/wwwthreads/smile.gif

Big(Ever contentious!)Will

<font color=blue>Someday Jeri Ryan will weaken!<font color=black>

6. Lounge_Lizard

Ignore him Noreen...

>Everyone knows digital is a pile of pooh...

BigWill is an agent provocateur!

David

PS While checking the correct meaning of 'agent provocateur' in Google, I came across another 'AP' web site at http://www.agentprovocateur.com. It's not that I am into perusing lingerie web sites but it's one of the most creative web sites I've seen in a long time.

7. BigWill

Re: Ignore him Noreen...

Oh yes, just happened to be "perusing lingerie" by mistake then! Nuthin wrong with his eyesight now! /img/wwwthreads/smile.gif

Big(We believe you David.....no honestly, we do!)Will

8. Lounge_Lizard

It took you long enough to respond to my post BigWill. You weren't 'perusing' the HTML code too by any chance... /img/wwwthreads/wink.gif

David

9. BigWill

...it was an accident! Honest, my mouse finger just happened to twitch as the pointer was inadvertently hovering over the URL! /img/wwwthreads/smile.gif

Big(Woof Woof!)Will

10. Lounge_Lizard

I was looking at the animations - were there pictures there too?

/img/wwwthreads/smile.gif

David

11. BigWill

I averted my gaze being the utter gentleman that I am!/img/wwwthreads/smile.gif

BigWill

12. CHIPS

CHIPS Well-Known Member

Well I was about to eat my words with salt and vinegar - I found an airport that looks after human beings as well as the flying machines - Schipol - efficient bus shuttle - reclining seats in the terminal - decent fresh food - polite staff - clear announcements - I was so shocked I forgot to ask for the hand inspection so my fingers are crossed for the Delta 3200 in the hand bag. Short delay in take off but mostly made up in the air and all was well and rosy with the world - but then there's Belfast and some inadequate loony has phoned in another bomb warning and hundreds of us have to sit tight and wait (for hours) while controlled explosions are carried out - it probably didn't make the news further afield it's such a commonplace and the airline industry is hardly to blame but it's not much to do with me and my wee bags of film either. To their credit Belfast airport staff carried on as best they could with resilience and good humour - the shops did quite well with their ludicrously inflated prices for gooey refreshments - and I'm left with mixed feelings about the best and worst in humanity and how sad it is that it seems to take the worst to bring out the best.

13. perkeo

perkeo Well-Known Member

Re: "If a Camera goes missing....

...look to your fellow tourists...."..too true, Chips...and that goes for most muslim Arab countries....anyone that's spent time in Saudi Arabia and seen the gory happenings in Riyad's 'chop-chop' square noontime Fridays will know why....

perks