1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GXR results

Discussion in 'Pentax Chat' started by Monobod, Jun 3, 2014.

1. Monobod

Monobod Phantom of the forum

Hi,

Well, I have now been out and about with this little gem. I must say it is proving to be very useful and a great weight saver. I have been exploring the menus and it is very customisable, just about every button and wheel can be set up in various ways. I have set the Fn1 to exposure compensation, Fn2 to ISO changes and the +- buttons to manual flash levels. Still contemplating the others as I go along.

The results from the 10Mp 1/1.7" sensor unit are much better than I had expected and far better than my 14Mp G10, but I suppose the larger pixels are something to do with that. This delivers A3 (ish) at 250dpi. With a little help from Colour Efex Pro 2, the images are very pleasing.

Some examples are on my Flickr site.

Well, it seems that I was probably one of the last, if not the last, to get the EVF. Also I cannot find the A12 28mm module anywhere. There was one on Ebay in the USA, but it went for a high price in the end and the import duty would have killed it.

2. Atavar

Atavar Well-Known Member

Many thanks for your experience with his camera, I'm sure a lot of us thought 'maybe' on this one so it's wonderful to hear from someone who went for it.

3. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

4. Monobod

Monobod Phantom of the forum

Thanks Jack. Cool in two ways perhaps, the water was pretty chilly on that day, even though the weather was OK. :eek: But there were plenty of brave souls happy to get soaked.

5. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

At that age, who cares about temperatures and the like :D Unlike me, now ;)

Jack