1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guess the camera make & model - Do you know your cameras?

Discussion in 'Guess the Date/Guess the Camera Competition' started by Rosie Barratt, May 8, 2015.

1. Rosie Barratt

Rosie Barratt AP Picture Researcher Forum Admin

Can you guess the make and model of this camera?

[​IMG]

How well do you know your cameras?

Every other week we'll post a photograph of a camera on our facebook page and forum. The person who guesses the make and model correctly, or who is closest and picked at random WINS.

Can you guess this one? Post your answers here.

2. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

Fuji XT-1...

3. PMurrell

PMurrell Well-Known Member

Fujifilm X-T1

4. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

On reflection it's a Fujifilm, probably one of the X series- XT-1

5. sillyconguru

sillyconguru Well-Known Member

Indeed, it is a Fujifilm X-T1

6. Brian G

Brian G New Member

Fujifilm X-T1

7. 0lybacker

0lybacker In the Stop Bath

Fuji X-T1

As I have observed before, Rosie, if you are going to cover/remove the makers name & other clues on the camera, you need to do it on the lens as well! ;)

8. LX2

LX2 New Member

It's a FUJIFILM X-T1

9. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

on reflection... yes;)

10. 0lybacker

0lybacker In the Stop Bath

Feeling my age, spinno ... think I remember Fuji introducing their EBC (Electro Beam Coating or was it Electron?) with their first SLRs which I think came along just after the OM1 & OM2. Do I recall the big thing about the metering system in the Fujis was that it was silicon photo diode when others were using CDS based systems? Cheers, Oly

11. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

A real challenge would be to dig out archival pictures of old cameras long out of production - we see so many pictures of current stuff in the magazine and on various websites that we are probably so familiar with them that most are instantly recognisable regardles of minor clues left behind...

12. Sejanus.Aelianus

Sejanus.Aelianus In the Stop Bath

Yep! What about a MPP Microflex or a Reid II?

:D

13. Greyo11

Greyo11 New Member

Fujifilm XT-1. Easy...

14. Ormie

Ormie New Member

It's the Fujifilm X-T1.

15. Rosie Barratt

Rosie Barratt AP Picture Researcher Forum Admin

I dont actually edit the images I just post them here, but thanks for the feedback it will be passed on to the editor and art team.

16. David Taylor from our facebook page is our winner for this guess the camera, his guess Fujifilm X-T1 was correct and his name was picked at random.