1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guess the camera make and model - Answer Olympus E-1

Discussion in 'Guess the Date/Guess the Camera Competition' started by Chrissie_Lay, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Chrissie_Lay

Chrissie_Lay AP Editor's PA

Can you guess the make and model of this camera? Post your answer here
    [​IMG]

Every other week we'll be posting a picture of a camera on the AP forum and Facebook page - all you have to do is guess the camera make and model, plus you can have ten guesses.

Good luck

2. Sejanus.Aelianus

Sejanus.Aelianus In the Stop Bath

Re: Guess the camera make and model

Okay, this I know. It's the Olympus E-1.

I owned its predecessor, the E-20P.

3. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

I would say either the E1 or E20P, but I can't see enough of the lens to tell which.

I had an E20P too. Bought S/H from Jessops, with wide and tele converters. My first digital camera.

4. Sejanus.Aelianus

Sejanus.Aelianus In the Stop Bath

The silver button on the handgrip says "E-1".

:)

5. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

OK, You're right. But you can see where Olympus got the design for the E1 from.

So E1 it is then.

6. Footloose

Footloose Well-Known Member

An under-rated camera at the time, dismissed for it's low Mp sensor and small screen on the back; I suppose it only dawned on Olympus until too late, that the megapixel-race was going to really kick off, but then Kodak, (who I think) made the sensor, wasn't willing/interested in getting involved in this, so the sensors in these were not upgraded. - Olympus did have some serious glass available for this body, notably the 7-14mm superwide zoom which APS-C users had to wait (maybe enviously) for almost a decade for their version of.... If there is one feature I'd like Olympus to transfer over to their m4/3rds camera bodies, it's the ergonomically-positioned on/off switch positioned right next to your fingers on the right-hand side, around one of the control dials.

7. 0lybacker

0lybacker In the Stop Bath

Yep, E-1. Just processed some E-1 pics, viewing them on my latest monitor and was surprised how good they look against D700 images.

Why Olympus sunk the E-2, I'll never know. The E-3 never felt as good to me as the E-1.

8. 0lybacker

0lybacker In the Stop Bath

Reckon it's the 14-54mm lens on there, too.

9. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

Olympus E1.

At one time I was quite tempted to buy a used E1 if one turned up.

10. Rosie Barratt

Rosie Barratt AP Picture Researcher Forum Admin

Ronald Ahrens from our facebook page has won this guess the camea/model competition. He guessed the correct answer Olympus E-1 and has been picked at random.