1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guess The Camera - answer Olympus Pen EE

Discussion in 'Guess the Date/Guess the Camera Competition' started by Rosie Barratt, Oct 9, 2015.

1. Rosie Barratt

Rosie Barratt AP Picture Researcher Forum Admin

Guess the camera competition

[​IMG]

Every other week we'll be posting a picture of a camera on the AP forum and Facebook page -

All you have to do is guess the camera make and model, plus you can have ten guesses.

It's just for fun so why not give it a try, good luck.

2. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

Re: Guess The Camera - COMPETITION

Oooh, oooh, one I can have a go at, especially as I missed the Ful-vue!

It's an Olympus Pen, and I think it's an EE2 model.

Adrian

3. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Too easy. ;)

4. 0lybacker

0lybacker In the Stop Bath

Probably not. Think it may be an EE. EE2s were normally (always?) black leatherette covered.

My bid would probably be for it to be a Pen EE s, also known as a Pen EES. However, it is not impossible that the military drab coverings crept on to other models, especially as back then, Japanese makers use to release onto the home market some time before selling overseas.

Lurking in the back of my mind is also the possible existence of a Pen E. The chronological order would then be something like Pen E, Pen EE, Pen EES, Pen EE2.

5. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

That's the EE3...

6. EddieR

EddieR Well-Known Member

Yes it's an Olympus PEN EE2. I picked one up a couple of years ago for a few pounds and have used it many times. It's a great half frame camera giving 48 exposures on a 24 film, so great value for money! Probably my favourite compact film camera.

7. Chrissie_Lay

Chrissie_Lay AP Editor's PA

Well done to Ian Grimwood on our Facebook page who guessed the correct make and model of this camera, his name was picked at random.

8. 0lybacker

0lybacker In the Stop Bath

Well, I shall allow myself half a pat on the back as the Forum member who got it right first time. :) It could have been an EE S though, as they shared the same covering.