1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grouse Mtn from Canada Place w/Pentax Q, K to Q adapter,FA50/1.7

Discussion in 'Pentax Chat' started by Done_rundleCams, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

Taken from Canada Place in downtown Vancouver in the afternoon of March 21, 2013;
    Grouse Mountain shot with a Pentax Q and Pentax K to Q lens adapter using a
    Pentax FA50/1.7 lens. PHOTO © JACK SIMPSON

CLICK HERE for PIC (large file, hence the link)

Cheers,

Jack

2. Monobod

Monobod Phantom of the forum

Re: Grouse Mtn from Canada Place w/Pentax Q, K to Q adapter,FA50

Hello Jack,

Is this a photograph of a print? TBH it doesn't look all that sharp, hence the question. Or perhaps it is the interpolation for the screen??

Thanks for posting.

3. Done_rundleCams

Hi David,

Nope, you're spot on :eek: But, I noticed that Photobucket downsized the picture and, obviously, didn't assign any kind (minimal) sharpening :rolleyes:. But, amazingly, it is quite sharp :) and I did the same shot with the Q and the 06 lens and, sharpness wise, they were (almost) identical but, exposure wise, there was a difference. If you would like to view 'em both, as someone on DPR wanted to, if you PM me your email and I can send both the original files for your perusal :)

Cheers,

Jack ............. and maybe it was screen interpolation ... but I don't really know what that means :eek:

Last edited: Apr 6, 2013
  4. Monobod

Monobod Phantom of the forum

I just meant that the image may have been downsized pixel wise to show on the web. This can sometimes damage the sharpness....

I will PM my Email address for you, no problem.

Thanks.

5. Done_rundleCams

Hi David,

Ah, I like when I can blame things, other than myself, for iffy looking (sharp or lack thereof) pics ;). I printed them both and they both looked, as a mate of mine would say, "not too shabby" :)

So, PM away and I'll send you the big(ish) files :D

Cheers,

Jack