1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Grouse Mtn from Canada Place w/Pentax Q, K to Q adapter,FA50/1.7

Discussion in 'Pentax Chat' started by Done_rundleCams, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

Taken from Canada Place in downtown Vancouver in the afternoon of March 21, 2013;
    Grouse Mountain shot with a Pentax Q and Pentax K to Q lens adapter using a
    Pentax FA50/1.7 lens. PHOTO © JACK SIMPSON

CLICK HERE for PIC (large file, hence the link)

Cheers,

Jack

2. Monobod

Monobod Phantom of the forum

Re: Grouse Mtn from Canada Place w/Pentax Q, K to Q adapter,FA50

Hello Jack,

Is this a photograph of a print? TBH it doesn't look all that sharp, hence the question. Or perhaps it is the interpolation for the screen??

Thanks for posting.

3. Done_rundleCams

Hi David,

Nope, you're spot on :eek: But, I noticed that Photobucket downsized the picture and, obviously, didn't assign any kind (minimal) sharpening :rolleyes:. But, amazingly, it is quite sharp :) and I did the same shot with the Q and the 06 lens and, sharpness wise, they were (almost) identical but, exposure wise, there was a difference. If you would like to view 'em both, as someone on DPR wanted to, if you PM me your email and I can send both the original files for your perusal :)

Cheers,

Jack ............. and maybe it was screen interpolation ... but I don't really know what that means :eek:

Last edited: Apr 6, 2013
  4. Monobod

Monobod Phantom of the forum

I just meant that the image may have been downsized pixel wise to show on the web. This can sometimes damage the sharpness....

I will PM my Email address for you, no problem.

Thanks.

5. Done_rundleCams

Hi David,

Ah, I like when I can blame things, other than myself, for iffy looking (sharp or lack thereof) pics ;). I printed them both and they both looked, as a mate of mine would say, "not too shabby" :)

So, PM away and I'll send you the big(ish) files :D

Cheers,

Jack