1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gripe of the day

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Dorset_Mike, May 14, 2019.

1. Dorset_Mike

Dorset_Mike Grumpy Old Fart

Major gripe day; appointment for blood test at 10.55, followed by appointment at hospital a bit over half a mile away at 11.20 and I doubt I could walk half a mile, let alone in 20 - 25 minutes, the chance of getting a bus, plus walking to bus station then walking from bus stop to the hospital did not appeal, so took a taxi to the hospital and booked in for my appointment with about 10 minutes to spare.

Sat on hard chair as all the upholstered seats were in use, that should have given me a clue, at about 11.40 they came out and apologised as an equipment malfunction had put them 1H20M behind schedule, underestimated!! I finall got in to my appointment at 12.50. took less than 10 minutes for the appointment, however the consultant decided I'd best see a dietician, another half hour plus wait. I had left home about 10.20 finally got home at 14.40, I left my walking stick behind somewhere en route, probably while paying for the car park.

2. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

Count your blessings.

Once the Tories have sold off the NHS, you'll have the privilege of all that and paying through the nose for it.

Or not having any of it if you cannot afford the insurance.

S

ascu75 and RogerMac like this.
  3. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

Perhaps the Flying Spaghetti Monster could give each tory a wide range of unpleasant and painfull illnesses so they can put their antisocial principles into practice. :mad:

LesleySM and steveandthedogs like this.
  4. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

And embarrassing...

S

5. Dorset_Mike

Slight improvement this morning, found a nice walking stick at Mountain Warehouse, half price, so went to local stockist and got one, however saw a couple of other "must haves" also in the half price so instead of spending £12.99, finished up hitting the card for £47.97.

Catriona likes this.
  6. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

I got a couple of their aluminium double wall mugs, two for one. Plus a top for the wife and hiking trousers for me.

7. Dorset_Mike

Any suggestions for stopping birds (feathered varieties) crapping in the bird bath?

Catriona likes this.
  8. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Get rid of the bird bath? Otherwise next to impossible as far as I know.

ascu75 and Catriona like this.
  9. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Put up a "no crapping" sign, suspended on a string. They can't read it of course but it will frighten them off.

ascu75 likes this.
  10. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

Get the local cats to crap in the garden.

11. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Try putting some pebbles in the bottom. I don't think mine crapped in that one as much as the shallow no stones one.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
  12. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

Mix some Imodium in the water. Bung the buggers up.

ascu75 likes this.
  13. ascu75

ascu75 Well-Known Member

I must have a selection of walking sticks saved from the days when I could walk unless my dear wife has relocated them to the local land fill. I doubt I will ever walk again shame we live so far apart. Don