1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Great day of event photography

Discussion in 'Talking Pictures' started by EightBitTony, Jul 18, 2017.

1. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

(I dunno if these should be here or in the lounge ...)

So, just to counterbalance my moan about landscape photography ...

Work sent me on an all day indoor event today (let's not talk about how worthwhile that was) with a lot of other people. I suspected my involvement might be limited, and the group e-mail had said 'if anyone wants to take photographs ...'

So I took my camera, my speedlight and dug up some self confidence and spent the day practising my event shooting.

I'm really pleased with the results, they're not all perfect, but given indoor shooting, with camera mounted speedlight (ceiling was quite low, thankfully, so got to bounce it), I'm really happy.

Some of them are even quite good both technically and compositionally, although the composition is always a challenge in situations like that.

Certainly a better day than Sunday.

And now I'm off out to video a choir performance my wife is in using my trusty, old, Sony handycam, in terrible lighting conditions!

(You can see the performances here - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLhbhoSbQWRukl5yxprQUo_gJAEAuWcX5X - if you've got hours to spare and fancy hearing some music)