1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Grain Like Golf Balls -- result of 'Over-Processing '

Discussion in 'Exhibition Lounge' started by PeteE, Aug 21, 2019.

1. PeteE

PeteE Well-Known Member

Found an 'Undated' Ilford Delta 400 Pro cassette in fridge so gave my OM-2n an outing. I was going to process in my Home-Made FX-4 Formula 1+1 so rated it at 400ASA and 'Guessed' 8.5 Mins @ 20° C ...Well , most negs were 'Thin' so I tried a heavy 'Curves' adjustment in PhotoShhop 7 to bump up the Contrast and tones -- result -- Grain Like Golf Balls !
    The Daily News ---
    [​IMG]The Daily News by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

2. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

I've never been bothered by grain size unless it obscures the point of the shot. In this case it doesn't.

3. Christopher David Tansley

Christopher David Tansley Well-Known Member

I like the grain effect. It adds t the black and white image.

4. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

All I ever find is outdated cheese. Our fridges must look very, very different ;)

peterba likes this.
  5. peterba

peterba Well-Known Member

I'm confused, Tony. :confused: The concept of resisting a block of cheese - for such a long time that it actually becomes out-dated - is totally alien to me. ;)

EightBitTony, Zou and RovingMike like this.