1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Goodbye David....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by AGW, Jul 9, 2018.

1. AGW

AGW Well-Known Member

So the cabinet solidarity lasted.....a day and a half....thank goodness they are so strong a stable... What was the point of Gove lying through his teeth if the rest of the team cant put on the same act?

The paper over the cracks is starting to give.....

Graeme

steveandthedogs and peterba like this.
  2. TheFatControlleR

TheFatControlleR :Devil's Advocaat: Forum Admin

Oh noes! :rolleyes:

3. peterba

peterba Well-Known Member

It would be rather more useful if the rest of them were to follow his lead. :)

4. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

One less agent of Putin trying to destroy the country.

5. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Davis has now submitted an offer to the cabinet under which he maintains his ministerial wage and privileges, and if they refuse he'll spite them by walking away with no deal.

6. peterba

Yeah... that'll show 'em! ;)

7. saxacat

saxacat Well-Known Member

Will anyone notice our 'chief negotiator' has gone?

8. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

He actually spent more time threatening to resign from the job than actually doing it.

Scphoto, proseak and saxacat like this.
  9. Derek W

Derek W Well-Known Member

I must have missed him threatening to resign...... anyhoo

Time for May to go and for Jacob Rees-Mogg to step up and lead the country and get the Brexit that was voted for.

10. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

And then totally lose the NHS and just about every other piece of social progress achieved in the last century.

S

11. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Shows how in touch you are...
    How much is Putin paying you? And why do you hate our country so much that you wish to destroy it? And why on earth would anybody want such a dishonest, stupid, self-serving hypocrite as the thoroughly odious Rees-Mogg in charge?

12. peterba

Time for May to grow up, and for Jacob Rees-Mogg to shut up and leave the country and avoid the self-harm of Brexit that received 51.9% of votes cast (a.k.a. 37.4% of the electorate).

Fixed that for you.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
    saxacat, steveandthedogs and DaveM399 like this.
  13. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Read somewhere he spent only 4 hours in meetings with Barnier.

steveandthedogs likes this.
  14. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Just as well I have finished my coffee or there'd be a mess to clear up.

steveandthedogs and peterba like this.
  15. peterba

Even that much would be too much - I mean, just imagine four bloody hours with Davis. :eek:

16. Trannifan

Trannifan Well-Known Member

Oh what a loss........spent all his time advising that he was working on all sorts of proposals, evaluations and so on..........and delivered absolutely nothing. Obviously has a few more principles than Johnson, Gove, Fox etc. though!

Lynn

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
    steveandthedogs likes this.
  17. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Exactly.

He's been looking to resign for ages now, because he's seen how impossible any form of successful Brexit is, and how toxic being the one in charge when it happens would be.
    Absolutely appalling man.

18. Derek W

Derek W Well-Known Member

Oh I see, this is not a thread for adult discussion, how silly of me to even think that it might be.

It seems to be, instead, one on nasty personal attacks and other silly comments.

I will take my leave.

19. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

So far, you're the only one who has made a silly comment in this thread. Three times, although you deleted one of them...

peterba likes this.
  20. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

To be fair, I made a silly comment about DD expecting the perks to continue after quitting. That was incredibly silly of me, and in no way reflective of any form of reality or truth.