1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good design?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by dream_police, Mar 24, 2019.

1. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

I really think not.

Being serious and not smutty, who ever thought that this was a good idea? This was taken from within a toilet cubicle in a restaurant in London where I had breakfast. No one can see into the cubicle but anyone could sit there in peace watching or indeed filming anyone including children using the urinal. On the urinal side is just one long mirror and it doesn’t even look it’s on a cubicle so the user is probably totally unaware. Am I just been dramatic or do others find this totally wrong?

35DC8DCE-81AF-4C59-8E8E-FE7C344C6B26.jpeg

2. frank1

frank1 Well-Known Member

No that is totally wrong on so many levels.

3. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

I agree. That's dreadful.

dream_police likes this.
  4. Gezza

Gezza Well-Known Member

Of course it’s wrong and I would mention it. Email at least if you’ve left the area.

5. miked

miked Well-Known Member

Absolutely!. . . . .where's a crowd of exhibitionists when you need 'em?

6. dream_police

I was going to. Couldn’t see the point on mentioning to the staff there so fully intend to contact the company.

RogerMac and Catriona like this.
  7. dream_police

I don’t mind exhibitionists except for those who want me to see them peeing.

8. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

I suspect its illegal, but you are the policeman

9. dream_police

Retired!

I doubt it though. A urinal is open to other users of the toilets as it is I guess. This just makes it easy for a voyeur, but I reckon this in itself isn’t illegal unless someone is using it for voyeuristic purposes of which you would never know as they themselves are in private and are unseen.

RogerMac likes this.
  10. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

What were they thinking of when they designed that?

May have been in par with a pub toilet I once used, easily the best wheelchair accessible toilet I ever saw, as Dave was a chair user at the time and this was near where he was in hospital. Food menu looked okay as well. As I was leaving I said how well thought out the disabled loo was only to be told they'd had it fitted after the DDA but no-one used it....they never had anyone come in who used a chair so it was a waste of money..

I did point out the only way into the pub involved a 4 foot step..

AndyTake2 likes this.
  11. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

Perhaps the interior designer is a bit of a perve.

12. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

I like the idea. At least I'd know it was safe to leave the loo without having to run the gauntlet of people doing lines of Charlie off the porcelain.

SqueamishOssifrage likes this.
  13. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

why would they be snorting off the urinal.....

14. dream_police

You need to ask what sort of premises Martin goes to?

15. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

Ones full of stoned squaddies.

16. dream_police

Anyway, e mail sent with the photo attached to the restaurant group. Other than a holding email, no reply yet.

17. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

perhaps they're snorting Vim

18. dream_police

Are they really that bad?

19. Malcolm_Stewart

Malcolm_Stewart Well-Known Member

Nige, was it a French restaurant? Not dissimilar to ones I've seen in France.

20. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

Yes. We rarely go out in Warminster at a weekend now. Aside from the brazen drug taking, there's a lot of violence too. There's a total lack of local police and the redcaps whisk away any squaddies who commit crimes against civilians before normal police arrive.

There's still those who think national service is the solution though:rolleyes:

Zou likes this.