1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting my enthusiasm back (hopefully)

Discussion in 'Introductions...' started by Dennyboy, Sep 10, 2016.

1. Dennyboy

Dennyboy New Member

Hi everybody

My name is Dennis, I never been serious about photography for about 10yrs. My last year has been "challenging". Semi paralysed from spinal cord problems in my neck. Then found to have kidney cancer on my only kidney. 2 operations later I am mobile again and living with half a functioning kidney.

I hardly took any pictures last year or this to date. Hoping to rediscover my interest in getting my camera out again and some inspiration from talking again to like minded people. I live in the Staffordshire Moorlands with lots to photograph to be fair.

Anyway enough ramblings.! Look forward to contributing if I can.

Dennis

2. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Nice to see you here Dennis.
    The thing for me is to set myself a challenge. Either photos in the style of a famous photographer - or something like find something interesting (to me and others) within 100 yards (or metres) of my house. Sometimes setting yourself a challenge is the quickest way back into photography and get pleasure from it too. It's surprising how many you meet around as you do it.

Hope you enjoy being here.

Kate

3. Dennyboy

Dennyboy New Member

Thanks Kate

Good suggestions, I am fully mobile now after the spine surgery so not limited like I was.

But that's a few thoughts there.

Dennis

4. lisadb

lisadb Well-Known Member

Hi Dennis, I used to live in Biddulph and visited Biddulph Grange Gardens regularly. The garden is split into different areas designed around different countries, so lots to take photos of. :)

Dennyboy likes this.
  5. Dennyboy

Dennyboy New Member

I have been to Trentham in the last couple of months and took some shots.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/dennyboy/55E04y

It was my only real outing where I have deliberately took my time taking shots for probably a year. Will look up Biddulph as I do like landscape.

Thanks

Dennis:)

6. Grace Deane

Grace Deane Well-Known Member

Hello Dannyboy. Welcome :) Good to hear you are getting into photography. I feel it is a very self-rewarding past time!

7. Basil Parylo

Basil Parylo Member

Hi Dennis, why not set up a Facebook group where you and other people can upload old and new photographs of the area you live in. It gives you challenge to phonograph local buildings, landscapes. nature, sunsets and local events and you might even get to know some of people who live locally.