1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Geren won!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Catriona, Nov 4, 2017.

1. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

https://www.summerhall.co.uk/?s=jill+todd

Many congratulations to our Geren (Kathryn Polley) who is the 2017 winner of the Jill Todd Photographic Award 2017.

I wish I could see the exhibition in Edinburgh, but if any of you can go, I'm sure you wouldn't be disappointed.

Well done Kath!

2. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Oh bless you Kate! Your encouragement from the 'sidelines' have been a really positive factor for me - thank you for cheering me on!

EightBitTony and Catriona like this.
  3. Craig20264

Craig20264 Well-Known Member

Well congratulations indeed. You kept that under the radar, or have I been walking about with my eye closed! Anyway. very well done. :)

Geren likes this.
  4. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

In Dorset just now but will try to get to see it on my return. :)

Geren and Catriona like this.
  5. Terrywoodenpic

Terrywoodenpic Well-Known Member

Excellent ....very well done.

Geren likes this.
  6. swanseadave

swanseadave Well-Known Member

Congrats & very well gone Kath.(I often wondered what your given name was)

Geren likes this.
  7. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

I didn't really expect to get anywhere with it so didn't make a big fuss. I was delighted to make it to the final three though. Winning it was so far off my radar of expectations that I didn't see the point in shouting about it too much!

8. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Ah. Yes. I go by a variety of monikers but will generally answer to anything that's not rude ;-) It was odd seeing my name 'up in lights' so to speak - nobody really calls me Kathryn because it's what my mother used to call me when she was cross...said in two distinct syllables with most of emphasis on the last. Kaaaath...RYNNNNN! *shudder*

Catriona likes this.
  9. Catriona

Haha!
    Same for me with Catriona!!!
    I knew I was in trouble.

10. Bazarchie

Bazarchie Well-Known Member

I'm sure neither of you misbehaved in your youth!:)

Trust you have been out to celebrate Geren (and left your camera ho,e this time).

Geren and Catriona like this.
  11. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Well you know, obviousy I was an absolute paragon of virtue but I can't speak for that Kate character ;-)

My tutor from GSofA took Michael and me out for a pint in Edinburgh on the Friday night but I've just been chilling at home since - it was quite an intense experience overall. I have a nice bottle of red to enjoy this evening with a couple of episodes of trashy American crime-solving TV recorded which is about as much celebrating as I feel for up for right now!

Catriona likes this.
  12. Catriona

Well, when I was good, I was very good - but when I was bad, I was awful! Ha!

13. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

Well done Geren. Have you thought how you will be known professionally? Your are going to make a career of photography aren't you?
    I've been looking at the Summerhill site. Will your work be in the exhibition archives soon?
    I'd love to see it.

14. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

Mae West's version...

Catriona likes this.