1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General Election 8th June

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by AndyTake2, Apr 18, 2017.

1. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

How hard can it be to negotiate "here, have your citizens back"?

Then I can look forward to seeing my brexit voting mates wives mopping the floor apparently.

Still, the cleaning company at work is entirely staffed by white Polish. Every single one, and there have been many in the 5 years I've been there. so I don't welcome unequal opportunities employers in the UK either. Equal opportunities only please. The security guards strong points might not always be speaking English but at least they come in various shades.

2. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

Dear Andrew,

Where am I going to live if I am forced to return to the UK? I doubt my house here is worth 100,000€. What can I buy in England for that? And there's still less available in Cornwall.

Also, I'd hate to live in the kind of xenophobic, narrow-minded, Tory country the UK seems to have become. Between this and accommodation, suicide would look quite attractive. I'm not kidding.

Cheers,

R.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
    peterba and Trannifan like this.
  3. Roger Hicks

Then again, these people are impossible to satirize. Yes, there are well-to-do Trump supporters. There are also plenty of utter cretins among their ranks, such as the Shakespeare haters.

Cheers,

R.

4. AGW

AGW Well-Known Member

Sticking my tongue in my cheek... are you suggesting that the Swiss magazine article is actually a promotional leaflet for Dignatas?

It cant go on... apparently david davis is going to find it hard to negotiate because he is too busy plotting the downfall of the hapless Treeza...

Its got to be stopped soon.

Graeme

5. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

The thing that worries me about that piece is that it's a statement of the obvious. That is - obvious to anyone except a fanatical exiteer. :(

Trannifan, peterba, saxacat and 2 others like this.
  6. Roger Hicks

Dear Andrew,

Precisely. And YET AGAIN I extend my invitation to any Brexiteer on this forum to point out any concrete advantages of Brexit (economic or political). No-one (on this forum or elsewhere) has yet been able to do so. All we get is vague platitudes about sovereignty and "taking back control".

Cheers,

R.

peterba and steveandthedogs like this.
  7. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Join the queue for newly refurbed apartments in North Kensington. Ready in mid- late 2018 I would guess. A few ghosts to exorcise.

8. SqueamishOssifrage

SqueamishOssifrage Well-Known Member

Do I really have to explain? Have you not yet grasped the obvious?

The entire European Commission are THE ILLUMINATI! They are going to force us into a SINGLE WORLD ORDER! We will all be serfs to the ILLUMINATI OVERLORDSI They have been spawned from an ALIEN CULTURE and aim to take over THE ENTIRE PLANET!

If we stay in the EU WE WILL ALL BE DOOMED! ENSLAVED! They will rape and murder OUR WIVES AND DAUGHTERS!

So leave - for God's sake LEAVE! We alone can FIGHT AGAINST THEM!

Excuse me - I have to go and lie down for a bit. I had to kill off three-quarters of my brain cells to enable me to write this, and I think the rest died while I was typing it.

9. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

Fife? Perthshire? Dunno that I'd fancy Fife but Perth has a lot to offer.

A move to England doesn't even register on my radar these days. If I was still on a final salary pension that could be bumped up by finishing off employment in London then maybe but that option is long gone for me. I wouldn't want to pay more for less freedom either.

Trannifan and Roger Hicks like this.
  10. Roger Hicks

Poe's Law states that in the absence of other clues, it is often impossible on the internet to distinguish between parody and sincerely held belief.

The "other clues" in your post are that there NOT ENOUGH CAPITAL LETTERS, no misplaced apostrophe's, and far to few speling mistokes and typographical error's. To say nothing of the grammer.

Cheers,

Roger.

John Farrell and steveandthedogs like this.
  11. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

British Imperial air fleets composed of Spitfires and Lancasters - that'll put the fear of Blighty into them. ;)

12. SqueamishOssifrage

SqueamishOssifrage Well-Known Member

Yeah!!!! Sorry!!!!! My apology's'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I tried to put in multiple quotes to make it more obvious, but for some reason my finger's refused to type them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the way, both my grammers are dead now.

John Farrell likes this.
  13. peterba

peterba Well-Known Member

Everyone should relax about Brexit - after all, we have David Davis in charge of negotiations, for the UK............................... Oh. :(