1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FZ72 Viewing/Downloading creative movie onto laptop

Discussion in 'Panasonic Chat' started by Sara D, Nov 20, 2016.

1. Sara D

Sara D New Member

Hi all,

Total newbie here - I have an FZ72 and recently shot some movie using the 'creative movie' mode on the programme dial rather than the dedicated movie button (my mistake).

I now can't find a way to download it onto my laptop so that I can clear/delete it from the camera.

It doesn't show among the list of items when I connect the camera to the laptop -all the regular still images do, of course, and I can copy them over by simply dragging or cut/paste.

I can only see the movie on the camera in view mode.

I'm at the end of my tether - sure there's a simple answer - can you good folks help?

Thanks in advance!
    Sara

2. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

The files ar .AVCHD and the manufacturer's basic instructins are here: http://eng.faq.panasonic.com/app/an...d-and-play-videos-from-lumix-cameras-on-an-pc. If your card has a folder called \PRIVATE\AVCHD\BDMV\STREAM there will be files with the extension ,MTS. I alfound this comment: "shoot in MP4 mode rather than AVCHD and the .MP4 files will appear in the DCIM folder along with your still photos. However, they won't be in High Definition".