1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FZ200: Question about shutter self-timer

Discussion in 'Panasonic Chat' started by Gene Mirro, Aug 22, 2017.

1. Gene Mirro

Gene Mirro New Member

My camera will take one photo with the delay, then defaults back to zero delay. Can I set a two-second shutter delay as my default? Or at least keep it in effect for a series of shots? Thanks.

2. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

You would have to read the manual. In all my cameras thecsetting is "sticky" - you want 2 secs delay then that's what it will do until you change it back but sometimes the setting is configurable somewhere in the menus.

3. Gene Mirro

Gene Mirro New Member

The full manual from Panasonic doesn't say if the setting is sticky. Graham Houghton's book doesn't cover it. Maybe I can program it using one of the custom function buttons. It was definitely sticky in my old Canon S3-IS.

4. Gene Mirro

Gene Mirro New Member

Panasonic says it's not sticky.

5. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

C'est la vie! Probably made so to avoid people leaving it on delay. I know that it can be disconcerting (especially with 10s delay) on an SLR when everything goes black, for what seems like forever , in the viewfinder when you take a shot having left the camera in self-timer mode.

6. dangie

dangie Senior Knobhead

Haven't got the FZ200 but I have the Panasonic LX7.
    I selected the 2 second delay, took a picture and the 2 second delay remained active for subsequent shots until I cancelled it.
    On Program mode it even remained active after I turned the camera off and back on again.

If you need more advice then go to the DP Review website and post the question on the Panasonic forum. Someone there will undoubtedly know the answer.

https://www.dpreview.com/

7. Gene Mirro

Gene Mirro New Member

The answer from DPReview is that it's a quirk of the FZ200.