1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fujifilm Finepix S200EXR

Discussion in 'Fujifilm Cameras' started by sagamore, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

Exactly. Good enough is as much as you need for most uses and this is certainly good enough. In my experience the pursuit of excellence is the enemy of success.

2. sagamore

sagamore Well-Known Member

Thanks,
    There was a reason for not including the full base. The picture was taken with the display case removed to avoid reflection distractions. The quadrant moulding along the front is just a spare piece placed there to hid the rough fron to the sea base, and project beyond the ends of the model. This is one with the case on, you can see that it loses a lot of clarity because of the refelctions.
    Bob
    Arabia in case (Large).JPG

Done_rundleCams likes this.
  3. sagamore

Forgot to add that I am getting on a lot better with the S200 now. I found the Full 144-page users guide online, and downloaded it. I have now solved the focus problems, and also found a few other functions that I didn't know about. I am getting more pleased with it all the time. I am learning all the time.
    Bob

Geren likes this.
  4. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Yes the reflections are a distraction (polarising filter could help perhaps?) but in any case I like the 'accessibility' you get when it's not seen behind glass. These things are always a bit of a toss up in determining what's the most important thing and for my money you chose correctly. Glad you hear you are progressing with and enjoying the camera!

5. Andrew Flannigan

Your workmanship is first class Bob.

Done_rundleCams and Benchista like this.
  6. sagamore

Thanks - lots of practice!:) - Bob

Done_rundleCams likes this.
  7. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

Ditto for photography :D

Cheers,

Jack

8. sagamore

Thanks Jack! Pixabay describe my images as "poor, unsalvageable, and useless!" :( Never mind - they seem popular enough! :D
    Bob

9. sagamore

I have just been messing about with the settings of the S200EXR (mainly guesswork) and took this a few minutes ago through the window.
    Bob
    Squirrel (Large).JPG

P_Stoddart and Andrew Flannigan like this.
  10. Andrew Flannigan

That really shows what these bridge cameras can do!

11. sagamore

It would probably have been better if the window was not between us as the window is slightly gerasy because our friend is always scrabbling for more nuts on the window with grubby paws. Although it is a bridge camera, it has some good features. I can set aperture and shutter speeds independantly, and lots of other things. This image was just taken on auto. Previously, I had a Nikon D5100 DSLR that cost me £205 2nd hand, and it was nowhere near as good as this one. In fact I took it back to the shop after a week and got a full refund. This Fuji was £120 including postage on Ebay last week, and has case, charger, 16gb memory card and two batteries. I am seriously impressed with it! Best camera I have ever had!
    Bob