1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fuji XPro1 - lens recommendations

Discussion in 'Fujifilm Cameras' started by Bazarchie, Dec 7, 2017.

1. peterba

peterba Well-Known Member

What did we tell you? :)

Bazarchie likes this.
  2. Bazarchie

Bazarchie Well-Known Member

Follow up question for those of you with the Fuji 55-200. I have just bought a used version which looks like new but seems a bit soft particularly at 200mm. Not properly tested yet and probably my poor technique/settings but does anybody else find the lens soft?

Second question, do any adapters retain AF?

3. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

No I don't find the 55-200 soft but I am struggling to solve why occasional shots with the 55-200 and the 18-55 are beyond soft using a used X-H1 that I just bought. On single shot, focus priority they are just completely oof. It could be that, because the camera is so much closer to my Canons in handling than my X-E2, I'm not being careful enough.

Bazarchie likes this.
  4. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

The macro/close-up ones do.

S

5. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

I have the 55-200 and I find it is a good performer, mine was a fairly low cost Ebay buy (well sub £300 over 2 years ago). I certainly use it at 200mm quite happily, I recently made an A3 print of around 60% of a handheld frame taken at 1600iso and f7.1 at 200mm, it is far and away better than I could ever have hoped for under the prevailing light conditions, it belies the settings and a non-full frame camera.

By adapters do you mean non-Fuji items to use other lenses on Fujifilm bodies? I don't think so.

Bazarchie likes this.