1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fuji X-Pro2

Discussion in 'AP Magazine Feedback & Suggestions' started by Guilhelmus Pingebat, Feb 28, 2016.

1. Thanks for this review, the first I have seen. From the brief time I was able to examine the new camera at a recent show, it looks as though many of the shortcomings of the orginal have been addressed, including the autofocus. I was wondering whether it was possible to test the ability of the continuous AF to track a moving subject? The review does not anything specific to say about that.

2. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

I think Fuji are on record to say that for this a DSLR still has the edge but they are closing the gap fast. Not sure that the X-Pro2 is their target for action photography. I got the impression that the X-T1 is that but for an ELF it doesn't really matter where the finder is located, rnagefinder or SLR style. I am kinda interested in what the reviews of the new 100-400 will say for it coupled to a rangefinder style body. At the moment it is all prelaunch "gush".

Fuji have published a guide to their autofocus systems there is a link to it on the Fuji-X forums. I have downloaded but not read it yet. I haven't yet tested the Firmware 4 update on my XE2 which is supposed to improve the EVF for action shooting.