1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fuji set to debut £1,000 portrait lens

Discussion in 'News - Discussion' started by CSBC, Jan 6, 2014.

1. IvorCamera

IvorCamera Well-Known Member

This is not an argument its simply a discussion between two people with very different views on a product! I dont argue with anybody....the reason I picked a 24-85 lens is this covers most of the subject I like to shoot....my travel lens is a 28-300, this is because I only travel with one lens, and this lens again covers all I want to shoot when travelling, my Micro nikkor is only ever used when my other lenses cant get close enough but I have used this lens in the past for portraiture.....my camera is full frame by the way..........

2. Terrywoodenpic

Terrywoodenpic Well-Known Member

When I think of a portrait lens I think of a lens that can control the Bokeh quality at any given aperture... Like the "The Nikon 135mm f/2 DC". It is not simply a controllable soft focus lens, it is in fact extremely sharp but has a separate control to increase or decrease the extent and quality of the Bokeh.

Or I think of the various ancient portrait lenses of my youth, that controlled the Chromatic aberration of a lens for a similar effect.

Many of the older portrait lens gave the fine quality they did because the residual aberrations were not eliminated but controlled in some way.

What makes this new lens, from Fuji, Ideal for portraiture we are yet to discover. but unless it brings something else to the table, other than a wide aperture in a medium long focus, it may be misnamed.