1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fuji S2 Pro Help Needed

Discussion in 'Fujifilm Cameras' started by jamiestealth, Apr 21, 2012.

1. jamiestealth

jamiestealth Member

Hi, hope someone can help me. I have a Fuji s2 Pro which has been working fine, but all of sudden the photos are coming out a purple colour, blurred and looks like they have been smudged from right to left. I have photo's that I can send to someone to look at.

Hope its something that can be easily fixed?

Please help.

2. mark_jacobs

mark_jacobs Retired

Welcome Jamie

I would suggest posting an example or two on the forum. See > here < for advice as to how to post images :)
  3. jamiestealth

jamiestealth Member

4. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

I had this with a Nikon D50. The sensor was terminal, so was the camera, luckily it was a cheap spare body.
  5. jamiestealth

jamiestealth Member

:-( = oh no...... does it just happen out of the blue or would there have been some signs? One minute I was taking a few shots, then the next time I used it this happened....
  6. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

It was sudden with mine, it was working fine then something like that, one photo was ok, then that was it.:(
  7. jamiestealth

jamiestealth Member

Thanks for replying - looks like I will have to make do with my Nikon D70 now then :-( - shame because I always think the Fuji takes a better photo - or thats prob just me...
  8. AlexMonro

AlexMonro Old Grand Part Deux

Just a thought, but I seem to remember that the S2 has 2 separate batteries, and when 1 of them dies, the camera can sometimes appear to be functioning, but give strange results. It might be worth checking all the batteries before giving up on the S2.
  9. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

It's you that takes the picture! The Fuji has a different sensor and produces distinctly different results, if you like the look, a dealer in this area has a used S3 pro on sale at present for £229.
  10. jamiestealth

jamiestealth Member

Thank you for the replies - It is possible that I have faulty batteries - I will try to change them again and see if this helps :)

I agree Nim - will take a look around locally :)
  11. nspur

nspur Well-Known Member

The S2 can work without the two CR123a batteries. These are only necessary to fire the built-in flash.