1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fuji Medium Format … had a fiddle with a Pre-Prod model

Discussion in 'Fujifilm Cameras' started by Done_rundleCams, Nov 16, 2016.

1. peterba

peterba Well-Known Member

If it's dependent upon the National Lottery, I doubt that you'll be getting one...! ;) (But I'm similarly unlikely to be getting one, since I don't do the Lottery :D)

Re- Fuji vs. Hasselblad - I'm not entirely sure that I'd agree. The two companies have collaborated, over the years, on one or two of Hasselblad's (film) camera bodies, and also some of their lenses. Fuji is well-known for excellent optics. :)

2. Fishboy

Fishboy Well-Known Member

I can't disagree as far as Fuji's optics are concerned, but if we're talking about my fictional lottery win, then I'd have thought that the Hasselblad would hold its value far better than the Fuji - not that I'm bothered because I've now got more money than sense (although it could be argued that finding 10p in the gutter would leave me in that situation!).

Cheers, Jeff

peterba likes this.
  3. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

If it is in that range I'll buy a scanner, a dev tank and some FP4, sadly no modern digi backs for Bronica 6x6

4. peterba

Good point about retaining value. (BTW, I enjoyed the "10p in the gutter" remark...:))

5. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

Brian, I've a had few come in to look at the X-Pro2 and, unbelievably, complain that it's too big :confused: and I say, "compared
    to your mobile?" A lot of the time, the answer is "yes" :eek: Mind you, I had one fellow come in to look at the X-Pro2 and, immediately,
    put his eye to the middle of the body expecting to find a viewfinder and when he found it on the side, said "Well, this sucks." :(
    But, was over the moon with the XT-1 ……. at least, with the viewfinder :rolleyes:.

One problem I've seen with the Fuji cameras is, too many choices for the film simulations. A few people who love them,
    unfortunately, when, use a few of them whilst shooting stuff and then, complain, when they try batch process photos :D

And, I guess, if that's a problem, it's not that bad of a problem ;)

Cheers,

Jack

Brian likes this.
  6. Malcolm_Stewart

Malcolm_Stewart Well-Known Member

7. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Doesn't mean much, so am I. ;)

Done_rundleCams likes this.
  8. PeteRob

Sure looks like it. Interesting initial price pitch - have to see what the numbers look like when they ship. I got burned with my XE-2 which dropped £250 as a kit with the 18-55 10 days after I bought it (~ 27%), already having fallen ~ £200 from launch.

9. Fishboy

I was deluged with e-mails from various retailers promoting this camera early this morning.

My initial reaction was "Ooh nice!" but once I thought about it I came to the same conclusion that I have in the past - if I can spare £6199 for a Fuji medium format body, then I might as well wait a bit longer until I can spare £7788 for the Hasselblad X1D-50C body instead. Further down the line I think it's a fairly safe bet that the Hasselblad will hold its value far better than the Fuji.

Now, if the Fuji was selling for £4000 it might be a different proposition...

Cheers, Jeff

Done_rundleCams and peterba like this.
  10. PeteRob

Just opened my mail too (and seen the AP web site front page) - huge Fuji launch across the range. It looks like a starting system asking price will be nearer to £10k.

11. peterba

What happened to your Lottery win...?!! ;)

Done_rundleCams and Fishboy like this.
  12. Fishboy

I'm afraid I squandered the lot on alcohol, fast women and slow horses. £5.70 doesn't go very far nowadays.

Cheers, Jeff

Done_rundleCams and peterba like this.
  13. peterba

At least you didn't waste it... ;)

14. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

15. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

Cor, it even has a high quality add-on monitor - great for really high quality selfies! ;)

(the picture is on ePhotozine, in their hands-on preview of at the beast.)