1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Freezing.

Discussion in 'General Equipment Chat & Advice' started by Bill Stewardson, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Use Jason (brand) rosewater hand and body lotion. It does seem to heat up my skin.

2. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

Dear Kate,

In her 'teens, our daughter used to suffer badly from Reynaud's Syndrome, but it went away when we bought her an electric blanket and Frances made her a couple of wheaties.

Of course I accept that you are now slightly out of your 'teens and that it may not work so well, but it may still be worth trying.

Cheers,

R.

Catriona likes this.
  3. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

I have a pair of gloves from Trespass supposedly suitable for touch screen use, didn't work when I tried it, and I have no problems changing the ISO manually on the D4, with the video button repurposed as ISO, but I can't do the same with a D3. The D3 has only the dedicated ISO button on the back.

4. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

I find that thin leather ones lined with 40 gram Thinsulate give enough feel to work my Canon although not my Oly. Available at many garages at this time of year at a good price. I budget for a new pair per year. I do have others if I go snowballing

Bill Stewardson likes this.
  5. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

I sometimes use cycling gloves with the camera....

https://www.endurasport.com/search/?SearchVal=Gloves

....I have thinner ones for summer and thicker ones for winter as I never ride without gloves or a helmet but either way I like long fingered gloves and ones with thin palms for feel on controls and thin between the fingers so they don't feel bulky. Insulation on the back of the hand is usually enough to keep my hands warm whether I'm on the bike or not... Something to keep the wind chill off.

6. cliveva

cliveva Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I suffer as well and use mountain equipment, under gloves, very thin and warm that you can wear a heavier glove over. So never having to expose skin.

7. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

Anyone still need a pair of gloves, Digital Camera (April 2019 issue) has a free pair of woolly fingerless ones on the cover.

</zombie mode>

8. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

For those of you with Canons, the April edition of the Canon magazine, PhotoPlus, also has a pair on the cover. Identical to the ones on Digital Camera.

The Nikon equivalent, N-Photo, doesn't. But Nikon would probably prefer you to buy their branded photographer's gloves. At £70!