1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Free photo rights lens cloth

Discussion in 'AP Magazine Feedback & Suggestions' started by Caulkhead, Apr 15, 2012.

1. 0lybacker

0lybacker In the Stop Bath

Re: Freebie?

And there was I hoping for one of each with one copy of AP ... :p

2. Bejay

Bejay Well-Known Member

Strange, only the blue option available in retailers I've visited in my part of the Thames Valley

3. Bruco

Bruco Well-Known Member

I'm a subscriber and I didn't get one either. No hole in the packaging so it hasn't been intercepted in transit by bitter security guards. Odd, I had this trouble with the last lens cloth freebie, but the light diffusers/reflectors always make it to my mailbox unscathed!

4. Fen

Fen Well-Known Member

I'll refer you to Mr Jacobs post:

On the previous page of this thread :)

5. Bruco

Bruco Well-Known Member

Done. Thank you :)

6. surf_digby

surf_digby Well-Known Member

If you ever do another rights lens cloth in the future, can you add a line about how it's not against the law to take photo's in public when there's children present, as this seems to be an area that people are often confused about?

7. Alex1994

Alex1994 Well-Known Member

Has anybody here used one of these in anger? I'm just wondering about the reaction when you suddenly wave one in the face of an angry cop or security guard. :)

8. surf_digby

surf_digby Well-Known Member

Not literally angrily, but it was shown to a security guard who was telling me that I wasn't allowed to take photo's of the pavement (the reason being that there were children about 40 feet away and in a different direction to wear I was pointing the camera - hence my previous post).

He flipped and flapped a bit, claimed that I must have come prepared for an argument ("Not so", says I. "I came prepared to clean my lens if necessary") but did calm down a bit when I offered to summon a policeman for him if he wanted to argue that the information on it was wrong.

This was the Section 44 lens cloth, which is probably in the region of about 16% grey nowadays.

9. Barney

Barney Well-Known Member

Are these with the current issue or last week's? I meant to go out and buy a few additional copies but seem to have lost a week or two and now I don't know whether I'm coming or going! :eek:

10. Alex1994

Alex1994 Well-Known Member

Not the current issue, but last week's (I think!),

11. Old git

Old git In the Stop Bath

Started ordering AP from my local shop. Unfortunately, it was the week after the freebies........ dammit :(

12. mark_jacobs

mark_jacobs Retired

Last weeks issue dated June 2.

However if you contact the editorial office there is a very limited supply of back issues still available for purchase :)

13. Barney

Barney Well-Known Member

Oh, buffer.

Back issues don't usually come with the free bits and bobs they might have had in the store though do they?

14. mark_jacobs

mark_jacobs Retired

:p
    Yes they do :) however the number of copies that AP hold are limited and they're going quickly* - best to phone (Chrissie) IMHO

*It must be the Home Office endorsement :p

15. Barney

Barney Well-Known Member

Okay, thanks Mark, I'll try to remember to call on Monday!

16. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

I am in Switzerland visiting my son and spotted that he was in urgent need of a lens cloth (cleaning a lens with his shirt) so I gave him my cloth. I wonder what the Swiss police will make of the text!

Roger