1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Free online image editor

Discussion in 'Web Sites of Interest' started by stetio, Apr 20, 2015.

1. stetio

stetio New Member

Hello,

I'm working on a free to use image editor that runs in your browser, without requiring any plugins/installation. It is called Stet.io and is available at https://stet.io/edit/ . I'm hoping it will be of use to you and communities like this one, and I'm happy to respond to any feedback you may have.

Thanks,
    Phil

2. swanseadave

swanseadave Well-Known Member

3. stetio

stetio New Member

I think stet.io has some advantages, firstly it is written in HTML5 rather than flash which makes it more compatible (especially with apple devices) - more details https://stet.io/compatibility/. Secondly I think stet.io has more useful features for example vector shape/line and text layers and I'm working on adding more at the moment if you have any suggestions :) . Finally stet.io offers version controlled storage for the images.
    Overall I'm working on making it possible for people to edit their images on any device anywhere using stet.io.

Phil

4. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

Hi Phil,

There are two (2) things that I wish were different: Firstly, in the crop mode, I wish, that like that Adobe P word thing ;), that it allowed you to choose your size, i.e: 4W x 6L or vice versa, or 5x7, 8x10, etc …. and, secondly, when cropped, you would be able to resize the pixels, for example, if I crop a pic to 4x6 or 1200 x 1800, when I post to AP, FB, DPR or email, I was resize the pic to 800 x 532 (or whatever the short side works out to :)

Whoops, forgot to add that I know a few folks with iPads, etc … who will love your I_E :)

Cheers,

Jack

Last edited: May 11, 2015
  5. stetio

stetio New Member

Hi Jack,

Thanks for your feedback; I've started to add support for fixed size cropping in the current version (0.2.7). I've also added pixel, cm and inch units where the latter two are converted to pixels using a dots per inch value that can be chosen in the editor. I think this adds the functionality you've mentioned, but please let me know if not :).

Thanks for telling people about the editor, it should work well on their iPads especially on the larger iPads.

Thanks
    Phil