1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Free Flu-Card with K-3 ---- ephotozine link??

Discussion in 'Pentax Chat' started by Done_rundleCams, Aug 7, 2014.

1. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

2. Malcolm_Stewart

Malcolm_Stewart Well-Known Member

Morning Jack - I wonder if the name is trying to indicate that it spreads everywhere? Otherwise, I don't get it, and I don't have a Smartphone which appears to be necessary. Nice picture of a K-3.

Wonders...If you've got a Smartphone, why do you need a K-3? (Insert proper camera name of choice...)

3. Monobod

Monobod Phantom of the forum

You can't be serious!

4. Done_rundleCams

I think I found it, but I still don't really get it :confused:.

It's the third red circle light thing … in the link:

http://shop-uk.ricoh-imaging.eu

Cheers,

Jack

5. Monobod

Hi,

I have just spoken to Ricoh on the London phone number and have been told that the Flu card will be automatically delivered with any K-3 including the Gun metal edition that is ordered during the promotion. There is no 'option' button on the order form, it just comes as part of the delivery.

How about that!

I need to check with SRS that mine is included as I ordered it, I think, before this was announced. But the Fellow I spoke to did say that the offer applied to the special edition too.

6. Monobod

I have just spoken to SRS, ho have confirmed that the FLU card is included with my K-3 prestige edition. That is an unexpected bonus. :D

No news yet though on delivery dates.........it might have to be a late birthday present then.

7. Atavar

Atavar Well-Known Member

8. Done_rundleCams

Hi Malcolm,

Not the first name I would have chosen ;) and whilst I have a Smartphone (Samsung Galaxy) but I have no desire to use it, the phone, for transferring images or whatever it's supposed to do :)

It's scary how many people I've seen using Smartphones as backups for their 5D Mk II's / III's :eek: Not so much for the 6D's, as it has WiFi :)

Tis bewildering, it is :confused:

Cheers,

Jack

9. Monobod

If your smart phone has GPS, you can take a picture with it to get the location co-ordinates, which you can then add into the Exif data on your camera image. I think that is what they may be doing.

A cheap and easy way of knowing where you were.

10. Done_rundleCams

That would have been useful in me drinking days whilst traversing Europe and the UK ;)

Jack

11. Monobod

Useful now too, finding ones way back from the pub! Photos of landmarks on the way. ;)