1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FREE! City architecture masterclass in Newcastle

Discussion in 'Forthcoming Events' started by Debbi, Oct 22, 2013.

1. Debbi

Debbi Deputy and Features Editor

Want to sharpen your architecture photography skills? Join us for a day of FREE tuition on 11th November, in Newcastle, and then see your images printed in AP! We've had some great fun with forum members on the past few Masterclasses, so why not sign up?!

For full details, visit the AP Masterclass web page - here.

2. IvorETower

IvorETower Little Buttercup

If only this were a lot nearer my home :-(

3. Grumpyshutter

Grumpyshutter New Member

Can I bring my 4x5 Field camera? How quickly will you want the negs for publication?

4. Debbi

You can bring any camera you like, although we are asking attendees to try out some super Pentax cameras that we will have with us on the day too :) We would need negs in the week following the class, although if you have a play with the digital camera, this might alleviate some of the time issues.

We're trying to get some Masterclasses running all over the country, so hopefully anyone who wants to attend will have a chance in the near future!

5. Grumpyshutter

Grumpyshutter New Member

In that case I may be tempted. If you don't need the images the same day then getting the negs developed and scanned won't be an issue as I do them myself, and could email them to you within a day or two of the masterclass. It might be interesting to compare a field camera with a full range or movements to a modern digital ( I assume you won't be using tilt lenses!) for architectural photography. I'll see if I can get the day off.
    Just to double-check, you are talking about Newcastle Upon Tyne, aren't you?

6. Debbi

Yes, Newcastle Upon Tyne. We'd love to see you there!

7. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

I'd pay my fares to Newcastle but alas I can't get the time off work

8. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

Debbi,

How close is the meeting point to the main line station? Alternatively is there suitable parking near by?

9. NosamLuap

NosamLuap Rebmem Roines

Ooh - I missed this. Fingers crossed my email wasn't too late :)

10. NosamLuap

NosamLuap Rebmem Roines

Roger - not sure if you're familiar with Newcastle, but if the meeting place isn't close to the station, chances are it's close-ish to a Metro stop, and you can pick up the Metro from the Station.

(There are plenty of buildings surrounding the station, and down to the quayside, that could make great subjects too, so I'd suggest that could be a good area to work in :) )

11. NosamLuap

NosamLuap Rebmem Roines

Oooh - it wasn't. I'm on "the list" :D:D:D

12. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

Congratulations! May you enjoy yours as much as I enjoyed the London Zoo one

13. RogerMac

See you there then! I am coming up from York, hopefully by train. At the moment I am wondering whether to bring a tripod or will it just get in the way?

14. beatnik69

beatnik69 Well-Known Member

Looking forward to the one in Belfast then. ;)

15. NosamLuap

NosamLuap Rebmem Roines

Excellent :) I had assumed I'd take my tripod....

16. icecoldangel

icecoldangel Member

I also have made the list, looking forward to the masterclass.

although have not received meeting details yet.

17. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Wonderful place! Enjoy it all. Grey Street, Chinatown, the Grainger Market... all of it. :)
    Kate
    and, of course, the castle. :)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 5, 2013
  18. RogerMac

Me neither - so you have not been singled out

19. RogerMac

Still not received venue details but I have gone ahead and booked train reservations.

20. NosamLuap

NosamLuap Rebmem Roines

Well if AP don't turn up, there'll be at least three of us there by the sounds of things :)