1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FREE! AP MAsterclass at London Zoo

Discussion in 'Forthcoming Events' started by Debbi, Sep 12, 2013.

1. Debbi

Debbi Deputy and Features Editor

If you're ever wanted to learn how to take better animal photos, then this is your chance. Amateur Photographer have teamed up with London Zoo to offer 5 lucky readers the chance to take part in a Masterclass and learn all the pro tricks for getting better photos.
    Readers need to be available from 10-3pm on Tuesday 8th October. Travel will not be covered but entry to the zoo is free for participants.
    To register your interest, please email me ASAP at deborah_allen@ipcmedia.com with your name, 3 examples of your wildlife photography and your kit details.
    Good luck!

2. P_Stoddart

P_Stoddart Well-Known Member

Well ok, I've thrown my hat into the ring. Upto you Deborah. :D

3. AlanClifford

AlanClifford Well-Known Member

That looks interesting.

When will you decide? I would have to cancel golf with my wife and would like as much time as possible to break the news.

4. P_Stoddart

P_Stoddart Well-Known Member

Would you do that by text? :p LOL

5. AlanClifford

AlanClifford Well-Known Member

No, I'm very old fashioned. Email is the vector of choice for telling the wife I've found something better to do.

6. IvorETower

IvorETower Little Buttercup

Would have loved to attend this, but I'll be away on my holiday that week :(

Edit: ... and due to airfare costs etc, I've not been able to stretch to Vancouver

7. Debbi

Debbi Deputy and Features Editor

Hi all! I still have 2 places left for this fantastic opportunity. Email me today to reserve your space! deborah_allen@ipcmedia.com

8. mmab

mmab Well-Known Member

you'd think all the places would have been 'snapped' up by now !
    I'd have loved to come but the train fare is ridiculous and doubt my car would make it ... and then I'd have to find someone to look after my horse :eek:
    Just hope you do another when they're having cheapy offers on the train and I've actually got some money ! :p
    Great opportunity though , hope you all enjoy it :)

9. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

I'd love to go on this and can easily get the day off and live in London but I haven't got the wildlife shots to submit alas

10. Alex1994

Alex1994 Well-Known Member

Yes, that requirement did seem a bit strange to me. I've got photographs taken in zoos, including London Zoo, but have never been a wildlife photographer. I would have thought most wildlife photographers wouldn't be interested in taking pictures of zoo animals anyway!

11. LesleySM

Its an unexplored area. I would pay for a wildlife course but none of the places I know of offer one

12. LesleySM

If you don't ask you don't get I thought

So I asked and I GOT! Excited doesn't begin to describe my feelings at the moment

13. Nick_O_ Larse

Nick_O_ Larse Active Member

Have fun! :cool:

14. Alex1994

Alex1994 Well-Known Member

Yes, and think twice if they ask you to step into the Komodo dragon's enclosure! :)

15. LesleySM

Twice? I won't even think once before saying "NO" although my other never better half says I must get him some pics of the Komodo dragon (I think they only have one at the moment, didn't the male get killed trying to gain access to his lady love?) He was about to adopt the one in London Zoo until he realised that didn't mean he could bring it home.....actually that's his Xmas present sorted out! I'll adopt it for him

16. Skyehammer

Skyehammer Well-Known Member

Did he fall in love with the elephant ? [​IMG]

Have a wonderful time .

17. LesleySM

Nope apparently the pair were juveniles and as they'd come from separate zoos the zoo decided to keep them separated but close enough that they could smell each other (same technique believe it or not that you can use when introducing a new cat to another one) alas I am sure you can imagine what happened next...given a juvenile Komodo dragon is the equivalent of a teenage boy with raging hormones and he could smell a young female Komodo dragon nearby. So he attempted to climb the wall to chat her up....Unfortunately he suffered fatal injuries as a result (whereas your average teenage boy merely suffers embarrassment)

I think they may have got another male but they're keeping them further apart

18. LesleySM

I checked -they now have another male

19. LesleySM

Debbi's taking us to the zoo tomorrow, zoo tomorrow, zoo tomorrow!

I'm excited and a bit nervous went out yesterday down the South Bank just for practice and just couldn't get anything...

20. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

didn't realise it was a safari park.....although there's lots of wildlife I understand
    :rolleyes: :D