1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

forum-newbie,camera-newbie,and in need of help.

Discussion in 'Introductions...' started by techphoberesol, Jun 23, 2014.

1. southonline

southonline Well-Known Member

just one thought have to tried Youtube? I just did a quick search and theres loads of guides online about using the camera - that may help you, plus you don't have to download anything ;o)

2. techphoberesol

techphoberesol Active Member

Southonline,
    i've never looked at one of those sites, wouldn't i have to log-in?

I'm sorry for all the trouble i'm putting you guys to.

3. southonline

4. techphoberesol

Southonline, this is NOT a wind-up, i don't have sound, you just gave me what seems to be the perfect link, and i can't use it.

Let it be mate and please accept my sincere apologies.

I'm so sorry.

5. southonline

do you not have headphones? just plug them into your PC and your off - if they won't fit you'll have to get a 3.5 converter that you can get from any PC shop and they are pennies ;o) -

6. OllieDefig

OllieDefig Well-Known Member

Not a bad camera, techphoberesol...16 MegaPixel,and a 4 times optical zoom.The Lithium ion battery is a god send...as I always hated AA batteries.so you can get quite a lot of pictures.
    In three or four months if you are feeling adventurous I would download a free program called Picasa 3,which enables you to manuipulate your pictures like a pro..It will also resize your pictures easily for uploading to facebook...
    Anyway...wishing you heaps of pictures and fun...regards Olliedefig

Last edited: Jun 24, 2014
  7. techphoberesol

Thanks Ollie,
    any idea how to set the damned thing up?

8. techphoberesol

Of course, you know what the next thing will be don't you,
    needing a better camera.[​IMG]

I roam around a bit, i don't go far from home, and i see things sometimes, places, people, situations, and you know what it's like, but not wanting or being able, to get too close, y'know?

But i feel that i need to know this camera inside out before i even consider moving up.

9. techphoberesol

Isn't there some sort of set-up business with those too?

I can't do settings, i just can't.

I really would like to get some sound.

10. southonline

You'll need to turn sound on but thats a simple case of clicking on the speaker in the bottom corner of your screen, its not really what I would class as settings and if your going to use your camera you'll need to start finding your way around the PC - once you've turned sound on you just plug in the headphones and your off ;o)

11. techphoberesol

Southon, i don't think so.
    Load pics to pc.
    Copy and paste one or two maybe to online blog, then delete.

If there's more to it than that, it might mean bye'byes.
    I have considered staying with disposable cameras and getting a scanner, but that sounds even more complicated.

The fact that i even own a computer is such a cruel irony.
    I got interested in something that is computer-based.

I learned what i needed to.
    I won't go geek for a couple pics.

And anyway, i'm just not clever enough for that.
    I'm in my 60s, what on earth am i thinking of?

12. southonline

loading, coping, pasting its all about finding you way around the PC and 60 is no age, a friend of mine is blind and he uses his PC and like you a newbie

even with your photos your going to want to do some basic editing even if it just deleting photos your not happy with. whilst you can use a digi camera and just take the card into boots for printing its not the best option -

you'll be surprised how easy PCs are to use and if its something thats worrying you why not head to one of the night classes as I'm sure theres local ones that will give you the basics to get you going

13. OllieDefig

OllieDefig Well-Known Member

....This I take it to mean the camera...You insert the cd or disk and there should be a set up.exe file...which you click on and run....Also there should be a manual....generally a .pdf file which you could read....The other way would be to look at the pictures directly of the memory card...you would need either a memory card reader,one compatable in your laptop or desktop or connect the camera using the mini usb lead and using windows viewer or picasa to see the results....Regards Olliedefig

14. techphoberesol

Southon, i won't let it worry me, if i can't do it, well, then i won't.
    I'm usually very quick to quit.
    I assumed that cameras couldn't be very difficult, and Windows makes the rest look pretty straight forward, we'll see.

15. techphoberesol

Settings all the same mate.

I tried and failed.

I click on speaker and i get menus, and options.

Will have to wait until i see my computer-doc again, can't just call him out to plug earphones in, too embarrassing. It'll have to wait.

Apparently, i have an audio manager.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2014
  16. southonline

what version of windows are you using? do your headphones plug into the PC, audio manager just controls the volume, depending on which windows version your on you should just be able to click on the little speaker and increase the volume - also depending on your keyboard you may have a short cut for that - have a look, if you see a speaker click it

17. techphoberesol

I have windows7.
    Click-on speaker gets me audio-manager.

Checkout my forum name.

I really am hopeless mate.

I just know this camera thing is going to cause so much grief.

Southon, as much as i appreciate your kindness and effort,
    i MUST warn you that you're probably wasting your time.

I'm sorry, i just can't do this stuff.

Earplugs plug into tower, not a laptop.

18. southonline

in that case its easy just click and drag the volume up.

OK just seen your edit - TBH this is really basic stuff and whilst I understand you don't understand how to use a PC this is as basic as picking up the remote on the TV and pressing the button

If you cant follow this I would recommend going to night classes for basic PC lessons - in fact I think they are free, it would be worthwhile and will help you get the basics and enjoy your camera far more

19. techphoberesol

I did, at full belt, just to make sure.
    I isn't happening.

Let it go mate.

20. southonline

OK I'll leave it, but its all very basic stuff and anyone at any age can pick it up - I taught my sister at 71 how to use a PC in a few nights and she'd never been anywhere near one before

I would recommend night classes - but its your call... I'm out, good luck ;o)